What's new

Using aftershave balm on non-shave days

I was wondering if there are any downsides with using aftershave balm on non-shave days, as kind of like a moisturizer? I'm mainly talking about applying on the jawline and below because I see that my skin there gets pretty dry and flaky even 3+ days after shaving. I also get ingrowns and acne which I've been trying to "treat" with witch hazel and benzoyl peroxide which dries the skin out.

The moisturizer I use for my face is pretty light since I have naturally oily and acne prone skin, but I don't think it's enough to combat the dryer lower half of my face. I just got my Pre de Provence ASB today, and while I haven't shaved yet since I'm waiting for the bumps to settle before I hack off my face, my guess is it might be a decent moisturizer because of the shea butter.

So Badger & Blade, do you see any harm in this?

Thanks!

I've been doing this too and havent had any problems. If my face is still stinging a tiny bit, I'll use some balm even on days I dont shave.

The other day, I used my PdP ASB as just a facial moisturizer and it worked great. My guess as to why we don't do it more often has to do with economics: a tube of PdP, per ounce is probably much more expensive than a corresponding moisturizer.

It shouldn't. I have a couple of A/Ss that I enjoy using on non-shave days....Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood is one and Nancy Boy signature gel the other.

The other day, I used my PdP ASB as just a facial moisturizer and it worked great. My guess as to why we don't do it more often has to do with economics: a tube of PdP, per ounce is probably much more expensive than a corresponding moisturizer.

If it helps my skin out, I don't care a whole bunch about the economics of it. Using PdP ASB isn't the most expensive part of my regimen anymore...I was recently told to pick up some fancy smanchy face moisturizer that cost almost $40 for a 1.7oz tube. I was told it would help with my greaseball face, so far with Day 1...it hasn't helped.

What is this "non-shave day" of which you speak?:confused2

Hahaha, hey..it's because of Badger and Blade I learned to have non-shave days to let my ingrowns heal and all that crap.

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys, at least for now I'll continue to use PdP ASB on the lower half of my face in the morning and night and hopefully I don't see my skin have a bad reaction to it.

I do this too. Like the smell of some of my balms very much and I put some on before bed each night. I cut the thicker ones with some water if needed.

I agree - should be no problem to use every day. When I remember, at night I like to wash my face and apply Prep (the Italian product). Seems to help keep my face smoother and ready for shaving the next day.

i currently use TOBS jermyn street AS cream (TOBS sandalwood AS gel before), everyday if i shave or not. i like the smell of it and it sorts out my dry skin.

I shave at night and apply an ASB after I shave. When I wake up, I again apply an ASB, or an AS. So that's twice a day, most days.

Top Bottom