What's new

Using a syringe to add water to soap

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
You can achieve something similar by adding citric acid to your water used for lathering. Lemon juice contains citric acid and can be used, or you can purchase citric acid in powered form from the canning section of your grocery store.
Oh yes, I tried citric acid, but I find it takes away from the scent when the lather blooms, and it only takes me a few seconds to walk into the kitchen and fill my mug with warm water from the dispenser.

Sorry guys, I like keeping things simple. Pour some water on the puck, soak brush, usually in the sink, shower, dump water, shake brush, make a great lather right on the buck, soak beard, face lather if needed, shave, rinse, After Shave, clean up, done. 15-20 minutes. Unless I do my luxury shave, maybe a soak in the tub while I shave and have my coffee, 1 hour.

Sorry guys, I like keeping things simple. Pour some water on the puck, soak brush, usually in the sink, shower, dump water, shake brush, make a great lather right on the buck, soak beard, face lather if needed, shave, rinse, After Shave, clean up, done. 15-20 minutes. Unless I do my luxury shave, maybe a soak in the tub while I shave and have my coffee, 1 hour.
Why are you sorry?

Why would you dump your bloom water down the drain? That water contains lots of goodies that belong in your lather and on your face.

Sounds like that's working real good. The only problem I could see if I did that would be with the luxury shave, I'd probably drop the razor in the tub, ouch!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like doing things in a simple method when it comes to shaving lather and I like to use synthetic brushes so all I do is soak the brush in water and ring out the excess water and start to swirl the brush in my lathering bowl with a small amount of soap in the lathering bowl previously placed. As I swirl the brush I'm just doing visual appearance of the lather and dip the brush tips in the water just to add a little more water to reach my lather pinnacle of perfection. Nothing wrong with being scientific about your lather process but we will both reach much the same results before our lather is applied.
There is the Marco method also that a lot of folks will use and its a very simple method also, you soak your natural hair shave brush for five minutes or more and let the water excess free fall out and then load your brush with soap a certain amount of time and swirl for a 1 minute or two and Wallah you have your lather.
Have some great shaves!

I just use my hand I don’t see the point of spending money on something to measure the amount of water I put in my soap I just do it but that’s me

I just quickly run the brush under a small stream of water. You guys are making this way too complicated!
Just wait the new fad in wet shaving will be measuring everything. My grandfathers days if it looks right it is right.

Top Bottom