What's new

Using a DE razor (in this case the 39c) nearly 2 months on.

I've had my 39c Sledgehammer for nearly 2 months now. After getting over its learning curve I can honestly it is the finest razor I have ever use; a hell of a lot better than my Mach 3 (and the cheap Beautytrack DE razor I have). I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I shave with it again!

The only drawback of the 39c shaving so close is that I have to wait nearly 3 days before my beard grows back before I can use it again! But as they say, 'The best things come to those who wait!'

The wait is certainly worth it. And even better, its blade changing day tomorrow! (I've used my Bic blade 3 times -- I can't use a DE blade more than 3 times as my chin hair is really hard on the blade edge). I know I have the Nacets to try but I need to use up my open pack of Merkur and Silver Star blades first. I think tomorrow the blade will be........... no sorry you have to wait!

Warmest and kindest regards to everybody on this forum and happy shaving!

Jason.

It's great to hear that everything is going well for you and you are still posting on here regularly. Since you want to shave more ofter, I sorry to inform you that you must give up the Sledgehammer to your wife and get yourself a very mild razor to use your sharp blades in. It's not optional at this point, I am sorry. :001_tt2:

Hi @JasonJT
how many passes do you do with that? how do you change the style with respect to a non-slant one? thank you!
Either a 2 pass (W and X) or a 3 pass (W and X and A).

I don't have a non-slant razor (except my Beautytrack razor that I no longer use for shaving). My skin is very sensitive and my beard hair is tough as hell so the slant fits the bill perfectly. I have no need for a non-slant razor.

Jason.

One of the really nice things about the 39c slant is that it can make good use of fairly marginal blades, such as Merkur.

:laugh:
Well my Sledgehammer didn't make any use out of the Voskhod blade which in my humble opinion was the worst blade I used. It went blunt quickly so I had to change it mid-shave.

Jason.

Well my Sledgehammer didn't make any use out of the Voskhod blade which in my humble opinion was the worst blade I used. It went blunt quickly so I had to change it mid-shave.

Jason.
The Voskhods do work pretty well in some razors, though. It's a mystery.

Top Bottom