What's new

Using 2 Razors, or cleanup razor.

Very nice actually.

I'm still learning the way of the shavette, and working on getting my angle of attack down pat. I've been using the guarded blades (Kai and Feather) and can achieve a DFS with any of the razors though sometimes finish with a DE because the touchup is faster.

The other "problem" I'm having is using my off hand. I'm trying to force myself, but tend to fall back to my dominant (left) hand. That may be contributing to an extended learning curve and some issues with missing patches of stubble, usually in the same areas, especially on my neck.

I'm determined to master these razors, even though it means that I've been ignoring my DE razors lately...well...until they need to bat clean-up.

Sir gpjoe!
Indeed, love my Feather and Kai shavettes, as well as the guarded blades!
Overall, these give me closest, cleanest shaves of all!
I've stocked up!
And, to be honest, I had poor (few) shaves from my DE-in-half shavette, really rough!
Cannot explain why.

FWIW, I've been able to train my non-dominant hand to use these shavettes and straights; it just took time and practice!

colgate matador feather proguard penhaligon blenheim bouquet september 29 2017.jpg

How about 9 Settings, think adjustable.🫠
I often use two adjustables for one shave. For example a Fatboy around my mouth and chin then a Futur set wide open on the rest of my face to really get a BBS result. I find the Futur rather unwieldy for the delicate areas and the Fatboy too mild for my neck.

How many of you or how common is it use 2 razors shaving? I have a thick coarse beard so I tend to prefer aggressive razors and sharp blades. I also shave just about every day, no l less than every other day. I can get by with 2 pass shaves but there is no way around a couple clean up shaves on my neck which grows 4 directions (diagonal across the neck). To avoid irritation I clean up on the neck with a 34G or swap plates on my 6C from R6 to R4. I find 2 razors quicker with wet hands. I do not like TTO adjustable so I don’t consider that an option. Curious how many struggle with same issue and how you deal with it.
More often than not I will use two razors for a shave, occasionally three.

I wouldn't try to rebuild an engine with just one spanner either - just grab the best tool for the job.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
To avoid irritation I clean up on the neck with a 34G or swap plates on my 6C from R6 to R4. I find 2 razors quicker with wet hands. I do not like TTO adjustable so I don’t consider that an option. Curious how many struggle with same issue and how you deal with it.

The only time I use 2 razors for a shave is when testing another razor for a comparison shave usually or doing a touch ups after using my Shavette or something I missed after all my gear is put away I will usually grab a SE injector razor if needed.
I have lots of razors and to me a good razor would be the Yaqi TFC adjustable. Seeing you do not enjoy the TTO razors, this razor is good for getting low to the whiskers because the safety bar is thin or narrow from being scalloped and I get great shaves, it is not overly aggressive on the higher settings either.
(old archive photo)
Yaqi V3 TFC adjustable razor MFG 2021 Painted #s.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sir gpjoe!
Indeed, love my Feather and Kai shavettes, as well as the guarded blades!
Overall, these give me closest, cleanest shaves of all!
I've stocked up!
And, to be honest, I had poor (few) shaves from my DE-in-half shavette, really rough!
Cannot explain why.

FWIW, I've been able to train my non-dominant hand to use these shavettes and straights; it just took time and practice!

View attachment 1648022

That is quite a stockpile of blades. I'm still working on mine, and have more ProGuards on the way.

Top Bottom