What's new

Using 2 Razors, or cleanup razor.

How many of you or how common is it use 2 razors shaving? I have a thick coarse beard so I tend to prefer aggressive razors and sharp blades. I also shave just about every day, no l less than every other day. I can get by with 2 pass shaves but there is no way around a couple clean up shaves on my neck which grows 4 directions (diagonal across the neck). To avoid irritation I clean up on the neck with a 34G or swap plates on my 6C from R6 to R4. I find 2 razors quicker with wet hands. I do not like TTO adjustable so I don’t consider that an option. Curious how many struggle with same issue and how you deal with it.

There is actually a thread for just that.

I used to do 2 razor shaves a lot but now only do them occasionally.

the best razor for my neck Karve Overlander… seriously I can do a true 3 pass without irritation… I keep it around for travel and for the neck

I've no idea how common the practice is but I don't employ it. Others do, to great effect apparently.

The only time I'll have more than one razor going is if I'm trialing one against another A-B style in the same shave. Which isn't often. I can barely handle one razor at a time safely. 😝

I had this dilemma, especially since I only shave twice a week, can't see, and am in a hurry.
Needed something like an open comb for first pass and then something bloodless for cleanup.
Tried all combinations of Rockwell 6s, and all the Game Changer plates and combinations.
What a hassle with less than satisfactory results.

Got a FOCS for everything and never looked back.

Admit, I'll often clean-up with a disposable cart after my regular shave!
Around the lips, under the chin and around the ear (yuk!)!!

colgate stick filarmonica inox morris forndran blenheim bouquet december 30 2014.jpg

I only use two if my primary is a shavette. I'm still working on my shavette angles and on the tricky spots I yield to a DE rather than draw blood. I'm getting much better, but occasionally clean up my chin and upper lip with a DE.

If I start with a DE, I always finish with the same razor and blade. Dance with the one you brung.

I only use two if my primary is a shavette. I'm still working on my shavette angles and on the tricky spots I yield to a DE rather than draw blood. I'm getting much better, but occasionally clean up my chin and upper lip with a DE.

If I start with a DE, I always finish with the same razor and blade. Dance with the one you brung.
Sir gpjoe, what is your shavette??

How about 9 Settings, think adjustable.🫠
I tried 2 different Viking adjustable razors and a fatboy, and did not enjoy them. I have tried other TTO razors and don’t like them as much as 2 and 3 piece razors. I have a 6C but rather not change plates when grabbing a second razor is easier. I may try the Progress or Variant next.

I've been using two razors for a little while now, though that was primarily to compare the two. In my case, I've been using a Henson AL13 mild and comparing it to the Game Changer .68 and .84 plates on different sides of my face. Today I decided to just go with the Game Changer .68, but I got a few weepers from on old blade so I grabbed the already loaded AL13 and did the final pass. It's not something that I do regularly, but my wife has chosen the Henson side ever time I've compared the two. I guess one is just easier for me to use.

I went though 3 razors last month in one shaving session. Other then for fun I'd just stick with an adjustable razor.

My Gold Red Tip, TV Special, and Blue Tip.
full

Wow!
How were your shaves with the Feathers and Kai’s??

Very nice actually.

I'm still learning the way of the shavette, and working on getting my angle of attack down pat. I've been using the guarded blades (Kai and Feather) and can achieve a DFS with any of the razors though sometimes finish with a DE because the touchup is faster.

The other "problem" I'm having is using my off hand. I'm trying to force myself, but tend to fall back to my dominant (left) hand. That may be contributing to an extended learning curve and some issues with missing patches of stubble, usually in the same areas, especially on my neck.

I'm determined to master these razors, even though it means that I've been ignoring my DE razors lately...well...until they need to bat clean-up.

I use a Wolfman WR2 with 2 different gaps 1.15 and 1.25, both in SB. I flip it around for different area of my face, not passes. Works great for my face! Like 2 razors in one.

Top Bottom