What's new

Using 1/2 a DE blade in my Schick injector

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, November 13th, 2022, experimenting with a DE blade, Subie shaves double stack blade hack.

Razor : Schick injector E2 type, Canadian variant- MFG in the 1930's- 40's, Mid range, light weight 1OZ, well built to last with some care, one of my favorite injectors & a joy to use.
Blade : Personna red DE (4) sharp & smooth with great longevity, experimenting with a double stack blade modified to fit the E2 injector. It can be done with reasonble success if a person is willing to take effort and care needed to not get cut. I use 2 small strips of electric tape & then place the blade on the sticky part + then fold the edges of tape over the cutting edges and trim away. The blade will curve slightly from the scissor cutting and then stack the blades together and place in the injector with care. Not sure it is worth the effort but I do enjoy challenges. This is much better & safer than using 1 half blade because it is to flexiable but with 2 blade half's you are getting very close to the thickness of a injector blade. The shave was close and comfortable and do-able but not sure it is worth the risk of cutting yourself. Take care if attempting!
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", nice unique bright sharp cleanish scent with excellent lather qualities. This soap is very addictive with matching aftershave splash IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm silvertip badger (3band) excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock"The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Subie double stack DE blade hack. The Schick E2 with modified swivel works really well with this double stack set up but still needed care because of slight bending of blades to close up.

(old archived photo's of my modified Schick E2 type for loading a injector blade manually.)
Schick swivel 2.jpg
Schick swivel1.jpg

Today's shave
SOTD November 13 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, November 20, 2022, Last experiment for a Subie double stack for a while, I usually get 5 -6 shave's with just a regular Personna red DE blade and I'm sure that I could get more shaves with this set up. Still on the learning curve of shaving & have learned a lot over the last 5 years!

Razor : Schick injector E2, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's-40's, excellent mid range, light weight 1 OZ, my favorite Schick mostly, it still demands a light touch when using injector blades. I'm testing the Subie stack of using 2 X 1/2 DE blades placed together in this razor. Results are good for trying something different. Some risk involved of cutting fingers and handling.
Blade : Modified Personna red 2 X 1/2 blade blades stacked together (6), sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Very surprized shave results.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream- nice mild minty fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi High mountain silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
excellent shave with my Personna red modified to fit the Schick E type injector. Not sure this method is for folks who have regular injector blades but it does work well IMO.

[IMG]

Have some great shaves!

The Subie stack is great, but I think blade-shim-blade works even better. It somewhat replicates the Injector Twin blades. I don't have an Schick razor on hand, but I am experimenting with it on a Twig. It is definitely off label, but having fabulous results so far. Of note- clip the wings or use factory half blades, and try to not cut the shim down too far.

Attachments

• 20230806_091157.jpg
    20230806_091157.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
I tried to do this without cutting the blade, but it was too wide and curled up the corners. Plus it was an adventure getting the blade in. Cutting blades is too much though, so I will not continue with this experiment.

But!

Injector blades loaded into a Yaqi Katana works great!

Top Bottom