What's new

Uses for DE blades you no longer like

I was curious to see what uses people have come up with for using up DE blades that have fallen out of favor in their shave den.

I recently put a left over half DE blade into a Parker SRX shavette-style razor and used it to cut through the packing tape on packages that I receive in the mail.
Think of it as a shaving-inspired package opener. :lol1:
It works OK but not a lot of blade exposure and the rounded corners of the SRX work against you, but with a little practice it works.

I don't use the Parker SRX for shaving anymore since I picked up an Irving Barber Company shavette-style razor (and settled into using Kai Captain Titan Mild blades with it).

What have you tried do with those unwanted blades?

Raise cheapskate kids. Teach them to wet shave. (Mine have no acquisition disorders and are truly saving money!)

If you have bred in enough of the scrooge gene, they will take your rejected blades. Heck, they’ll take your favorite blades, too. I don’t leave my Feathers in the den.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I stick 'em in one side of an apple and practice my juggling!

Actually, I do use old blades for scraping the sides of my aquarium....

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've used them all . . . and some were pretty bad. Most were ok. I've never given away something in a PIF I didn't like.

Usually toss them unfortunately only gem blades fit as a paint/glass scraper

Ow and I do not want to get rid of those.....

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I've used them all . . . and some were pretty bad. Most were ok. I've never given away something in a PIF I didn't like.
Why not PIF things you do not like? Surely if this hobby teaches us anything it is that what does not suit one man may well suit another. Is that not what YMMV means? If I acquire something I do not like then a PIF would seem a great way of which to dispose of it. 👍

Why not PIF things you do not like? Surely if this hobby teaches us anything it is that what does not suit one man may well suit another. Is that not what YMMV means? If I acquire something I do not like then a PIF would seem a great way of which to dispose of it. 👍
Great suggestion! How does one go about making a PIF?

I briefly looked at the DE blade exchange but I also have Feather Artist Club blades and injector blades as well that I would not mind finding new homes (either trades or give away).

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Great suggestion! How does one go about making a PIF?

I briefly looked at the DE blade exchange but I also have Feather Artist Club blades and injector blades as well that I would not mind finding new homes (either trades or give away).
Start a new thread and PIF away! Here is one I prepared earlier 😁

Start a new thread and PIF away! Here is one I prepared earlier 😁
Thank you for the example! I will definitely consider this option.

I put multiple tucks in any shaving related packages I mail. If I read of a newcomer asking about blades, I often PM them & ask if I can send them a sampler pack.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My least favourites are used for travel. That way I don't feel bad discarding blades that still have life in them, when I pack for the return trip.

Top Bottom