What's new

used Dorco ST-300 this morning

I tried the Dorco ST-300 this morning with great trepidation.. All I can say is WOW. I have never had as close and comfortable shave. I has tried Red Persona's, Wilkinson Swords and Bics. Now I know what a BBS feels like :)

Last night I had my SWMBO pick out the next blade from my sampler pack. She picked the Dorco because she thought the name was funny. The shave this morning was decent. There was some tugging and roughness but no nicks. Definitely not the worst shave I've had. Although an hour later there was more redness and irritation than usual. I'll try the blade again tomorrow but I doubt it will have much longetivity beyond that.

Really? When I tried them years ago it was without a doubt one of the worst blades I had ever used. Has something changed in the manufacturing process?

I have a package of these given as a freebie and based on other reviews I was eyeing them with trepidation. Maybe I will give them a shot in the next few weeks.

Two big thumbs down from me. They rewarded me with several nicks and a lot of razor burn. I gave them the benefit of a doubt the first time but after the 2nd shave, they were put on my reject list.

To be honest, I went very slowly and carefully due to this blade's reputation. If I did go at a more normal pace it may have been worse.

Interesting use of words when describing Dorco blades. Trepidation... Reputation...
Lucky they work for you since you can get them at good prices.
I could not finish the shave with Dorco and had to replace it half way.

YMMV, but Dorcos are my favorite blade, at any price or blade life expectancy. I love the price, I can get them locally and I get about 4-6 shaves per blade.

Tried one, thought that I got a dud, since the blade was dull and harsh. Tried second - just in case - from a different package, same result. So far the worst blade I've tried. Personal preferences vary, of course, and if the blade works for you, it's great. However, I cannot imagine how they - being priced similarly - could ever compete with, say, Astra SP or many other blades in ~$/€ 10 -range.

I am working through a WCS Sampler Pack and I enjoyed 15 good shaves with the Dorco ST-300 blades, 3 shaves per blade. I then switched to the Dorco ST-301 blades. I did one shave and promptly threw out that blade and switched to another brand for my next shave.

Cheers

Last edited:
i bought fifty of these dorco blades....then i read the reviews....i ended up selling them before i even used any.....bought astra instead.

I am working through a WCS Sampler Pack and I enjoyed 15 good shaves with the Dorco ST-300 blades, 3 shaves per blade. I then switched to the Dorco ST-301 blades. I did one shave and promptly threw out that blade and switched to another brand for my next shave.

Cheers
About the exact same results with me. Although not the sharpest blade out there the 300's do give me a great shave, especially in my R41 or my T26. The 301's on the other hand are about the worst blade I've ever used.

Chris

When I purchased my 34C from the superior shave, there was 50 Dorco St-301 included. I tried a blade, than another, than... I gave them to a DE beginner.

About the exact same results with me. Although not the sharpest blade out there the 300's do give me a great shave, especially in my R41 or my T26. The 301's on the other hand are about the worst blade I've ever used.

Chris

See the 301s are right up there on my list of favourites.

Cheers

Chris

The same story overhere; the ST-300 is not very sharp but good enough for 3 decent shaves but the 301's...First strokes were not bad but the edge fell apart in just a couple of strokes; I ended up using 4 blades in one shave and should have used more.

Top Bottom