What's new

Used blade disposal

I am a lucky man :biggrin:

Never do I have to bother with what to do with my used razors.

Well, I did at first, but then I figured out what that little slot thingie in my medicine cabinet that I never noticed before was supposed to be...

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'll just bring along my $3 DE blade case from the local drugstore on the road, it has a nice little disposal slot in there, solid construction.

:thumbup:

Kyle Stoner said:

Well, I did at first, but then I figured out what that little slot thingie in my medicine cabinet that I never noticed before was supposed to be...

I'll just bring along my $3 DE blade case from the local drugstore on the road, it has a nice little disposal slot in there, solid construction.

:thumbup:

I did a remodel in a house that had one of those... There must have been 2000 old razor blades in the wall.. They simply drop down between the studs. Completly safe until someone tears the wall out!:biggrin:

Hahahaha...

The medicine cabinet is screwed into the recessed wall panel, and its pretty simple to take it out...there seems to be a small slot that holds the blades because I can hear them 'tink' about halfway down the cabinets' length.

I read about medicine cabinets that have DE razor recepticles...that gave me the idea to look and lo and behold! Never would have noticed it otherwise. :) Im a happy camper.

Kyle Stoner said:

proxy.php

Just checking your number of posts.......yes just what I thought.......There is a lot of space in that cabinet....needs filled with soaps, creams, razors, colognes, A/s balms''''et al :biggrin:

Brian

madmedic said:
just what I thought.......There is a lot of space in that cabinet....needs filled with soaps, creams, razors, colognes, A/s balms''''et al :biggrin:Brian

You can't even see the *empy bottom half* of that cabinet!!! hahaha I have been caught.

But seriously, Scotto sampler is on the way...

and..

Just found out yesterday that Nancy Boy is in San Francisco! Just a short drive from here! Sawweeeeet! :drool:

J_P_K said:
Completly safe until someone tears the wall out!:biggrin:

"Oh yes, there will be blood."

Okay, just to be clear...There is no way to get those blades out of there? They're just intended to sit in the wall for the life of the house?

The cabinet comes out of the wall with some easy unscrewing. I believe there is a little depository box that is attached to the backside that catches the blades, I can definitely hear them clink about halfway down the cabinet.

Kyle Stoner said:
The cabinet comes out of the wall with some easy unscrewing. I believe there is a little depository box that is attached to the backside that catches the blades, I can definitely hear them clink about halfway down the cabinet.

Nah, that's just electrical conduit. Hmmm, I wonder how many blades it takes to get to the center of that conduit?

Randy

In high school (1953-57) I helped my stepdad remodel houses. In those days, EVERY medicine cabinet had a razor disposal slot, which was needed---for example, Schick Inject blades came in a cartridge of 20 blades, with no used-blade disposal compartment. The used blades put through the medicine cabinet slot just dropped down between the studs to land on a 2x4. They tended to be rusted together in a mass---not really very dangerous, and of course in carpentry you're constantly surrounded by sharp stuff...

I'm thinking of cutting a slot in the back of my wood constructed medicine cabinet for blade disposal. I think it's a great idea.

Top Bottom