What's new

Used Blade Container?

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I would think Maggards and West Coast should start stocking those.
But then they'll go from $1.50 to $5-$7.
I think I will get a few of them for gifts to give to some friends that use DE razors also, they'll love them. 😀

32FF1F3E-4EE1-4BA7-AD8A-62C1C24F09CD.jpeg

Simple tin that cost $2.50 and will hold a couple years worth of blades

This one is still not full, 8y later

resurrecting an old thread...

my $1 blade bank from WCS is getting full, as the blades are not falling down in it anymore, so was looking around the house and remembered i picked up a replica Canada Post Mail box Bank a few months ago. i already use one as a bank on my dresser, so this one will be a "blade bank"you can see it's sized based on my Simpson Colonel next to it.

the bank will sit back deeper on that shelf and butt up against the wall...i just pulled it to the forefront for the picture.should hold a few years or decades worth of blades.

Canada Post sucks the money out of my wallet each time i ship with them, so might as well get some joy of filling the mail slot with my used, dirty blades.
View attachment 210260

15819637615178462768993155722920.jpg

It's about 1/2 full. So I'll probably get another 10y before I have to dump it. It's an actual bank, so I should be able to cautiously empty it.
IMG_20200217_122332.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
When I'm on the road or vacationing I will use my Personna 10 pack to store spent razors in the bottom so the chambermaids do not get cut. (you never know)
The tall piggy bank was a thought to store blades but it had to big a foot print for the bathroom & was abandoned.
The mason jar with the lid cut open with a magnetic business card as a blade holder is the one I use all the time, some times I have to get old blades out for experimenting with and it is the easiest to access. when it gets full I just duck tape the spent blades in a bundle and dispose of in the proper waste dump.
blade bank.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I just use a soda can. It is getting full, and I'm not sure what to do with it. For those who use this method, what do you do with the soda can once it is full of blades? I don't think my county dump has a "sharps" disposal bin, and I'm hesitant to just throw it in the trash or normal recycling bin.

I just use a soda can. It is getting full, and I'm not sure what to do with it. For those who use this method, what do you do with the soda can once it is full of blades? I don't think my county dump has a "sharps" disposal bin, and I'm hesitant to just throw it in the trash or normal recycling bin.
Pharmacies should be able to get you a real Sharps container, and also dispose of it. I could be wrong though.
Once my aluminum beer bottle was about 3/4 full, I experimented with salt water to solve the blades. Didn't work, so I moved onto some PCB etchant solution. Now that worked like a champ. Dissolved the blades in about a day.

Does using a plastic container hinder the ability of the blades being able to be recycled? Recycling collection where I have lived requires plastic and metal to be separated

Youv
Does using a plastic container hinder the ability of the blades being able to be recycled? Recycling collection where I have lived requires plastic and metal to be separated
You've answered your own question, they need to be separated. It is a very small amount of metal, and I would suggest that recycling centers would probably consider used blades as biohazard, just like needles and other sharps.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Why? I remodel homes for a living , it's just trash and no worse then rusty nails , broken glass , old pipes or the rest of the junk I throw out.

Yep. Sorry. That's what that little slot is for. Don't show up to the job site in a thong and flip flops.

Top Bottom