What's new

Used a Feather Blade and lived to talk about it

No, I'm always preaching about something (and I don't let a thing like facts get in my way!) but I'm usually extolling the virtues of GSB, Astra SS, or Silver Star blades. But I have to say the GSB is my favorite, after the first use.
GSB blades are really good, i agree with you.

I have not shaved with anything but a Feather in many months. I usually get between 30 & 40 shaves to a blade. I believe my long blade life is due to taking extra care of the blade and altering my shave technique.
I wish i could get that many shaves from a blade lol

M

member 119848

Feathers are highly appreciated but they don´t work for me. Even in a mild razor. I always get razor burn.
Each time I try a feather, my wife (frowning) asks: "what happened to face ?!"

So, no-no-no, I stick to Astra SP and Nacets! :001_smile

I used one tonight for the first time and luckily no blood of parts of my face in the sink LOL
I did notice it was not as close of a shave as i have heard others talk about. It did knock it down to a BBS. Others have said that it feels like it removed a layer of skin.
It could be do to the razor i used, a Gillette Black Tip.
Anyone have more experience with Feather blades and what are your opinions on them?
I use a Feather sometimes. I usually get the best shaves from them the 2nd and 3rd days. I usually pick a mild razor to use it in to minimize the chance of razor burn.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Feathers are highly appreciated but they don´t work for me. Even in a mild razor. I always get razor burn.
Each time I try a feather, my wife (frowning) asks: "what happened to face ?!"

So, no-no-no, I stick to Astra SP and Nacets! :001_smile
I've not tried Nacets yet, are they good?

Next time she asks that say "I was born with it" :letterk1:

I use a Feather sometimes. I usually get the best shaves from them the 2nd and 3rd days. I usually pick a mild razor to use it in to minimize the chance of razor burn.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I will find out how they are on my second go around, the first time was great. I do shave every three days

M

member 119848

I've not tried Nacets yet, are they good?
yes, they are! At least for me. The best way to find out is to try them.
Some well regarded blades (like Polsivers and Rapiras) do simply not work for me! YMMV

yes, they are! At least for me. The best way to find out is to try them.
Some well regarded blades (like Polsivers and Rapiras) do simply not work for me! YMMV
I'll have to get a sample pack with them and give them a try

M

member 119848

Good grief that's alot of blade, i wouldn't have any place to put that many lol
it´s not bigger than a shoe-box:
(and the good thing is that I´ll never have to buy blades again) 😉

IMG_1888.JPG

Feather blades work out to be expensive whereas GSB seem to have a good balance of sharpness, smoothness and longevity at half the price. With good technique, Feather blades should not give irritation or nicks.

Feather blades work out to be expensive whereas GSB seem to have a good balance of sharpness, smoothness and longevity at half the price. With good technique, Feather blades should not give irritation or nicks.
Expensive is relative. I bought 700 Feather Blades at $14 per hundred. Given that I get at least 30 shaves from one blade, that works out to $.0047 per shave.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Expensive is relative. I bought 700 Feather Blades at $14 per hundred. Given that I get at least 30 shaves from one blade, that works out to $.0047 per shave.
Some spread sheet wonk needs to show how to convert that to how long it takes to buy a Wolfman, Rex, Timeless, etc.!

Feathers are nice. They turned the R41 into a great shaver for me when I tried it. The R41 needs sharp blades to be a good performer, otherwise it can be very tuggy.

Feathers don't last as long as the Personna Med Prep. I think there are other blades such as the Med Prep that are almost as sharp and probably a little smoother and long lasting. Makes it sound like I'm down on Feathers a bit, I'm not. They are a good blade, just not the most economical, but then neither are the Med Prep.
"Feathers don't last as long as the Personna Med Prep." <--- This. I get good results from Feathers, but I usually can't stretch them past 3 shaves. At my acquisition price of $0.30 per Feather blade, I have cheaper options that work better for me. Of course, YMMV.

I bought a sample tuck of Feathers when I began shaving and used one in my Rockwell 6S on plate R2 for about a week. I didn't have any problems with it. Tomorrow I am gonna dig up that tuck of blades and throw one into my Timeless .68. If ya'll don't hear from me again it means I bled out, lol.

Top Bottom