What's new

Use of a Talc dusting after a shave (after drying off)

Does anyone do this? is talc safe? Barber shops used to use this, but I have seen little to no discussion on this use.
My grandfather used to use old spice talc this way.:confused1

I use Talc on the back of my neck and on my body after a shower and a neck shave. But I don't put it on my face.

I must admit I have tried it many years ago.
It does make your face very smooth to the touch, or should I say," like a babies bum"..
If you do try it watch how much you put on, as too much will have you looking like Count Dracula, or a Zombie.

It is, as you say something my grandad use to do.

I have always used "Pinaud" Clubman Finest Talc, in a small puffer above 1/2 hour after putting on shaving balm. Excellent product.

Charles U.K

a tiny amount is fine just dust your fingertips and brush it on, personally I'd just stick to using it on my neck and side burn area if you breath it in it can irritate your nose and throat

I occasionally use Clubman talc on my face, but I transferred my Clubman talc to a smaller Gold Bond container so it's easier to control. Considering everything I've used in my life that's now considered unsafe or unhealthy, I should have been dead long ago according to the so-called experts.

I put Clubman in a sock and tie it off. A few taps here and there, then smooth it out with the hands. Use what's left on the hands on your face.
Matte finish and I think it absorbs a bit of oil from the face during the day if you get "shiney".

Don't breathe the talc in and you'll be fine. I do this. You don't want the stuff building up in your lungs, that's why I say to not breathe it in.

I use Clubman talc on my neck after every shave. It really helps cut down on neck irration from a buttoned collared shirt.

I am not worried about any health related issues with talc. There are much bigger fish to fry in this world than talc.

My barber still uses it...after he cleans me up with the clippers....and also sometimes uses a straight razor to shape my lines up.

My barber uses Clubman aftershave and talc after the straight neck cleanup. He's 66 and I hope he keeps going a long time. The next closest guy I know that does this is 24 miles away one way.

I use Clubman talc on my neck after every shave. It really helps cut down on neck irration from a buttoned collared shirt.

I am not worried about any health related issues with talc. There are much bigger fish to fry in this world than talc.

+1. Modern powders don't have the same amount of talk like the older products, it's not much of a concern anymore unless your inhaling it like on one episode of "strange addiction."
Anyways, under the shirt collar especially if you wear a tie during the heat helps avoid chaffing.

Top Bottom