What's new

Use, care and storage of 1KG blocks of Vitos and Cella soaps.

Hi everyone.

As part of my ongoing efforts to be more sustainable and eco friendly, I am keen to try the 1KG block of either Cella or Vitos soaps. I was looking for advice from people who use these large blocks, and any tips or suggestions : e.g do you take a chunk with a knife, or is heating required ? Does the man block require refrigeration ? Can they be stored on a shelf (i.e not refrigerated) ? What sort of shelf life do they have ? How best to store them ? Does the Cella 1KG block have the same texture and consistency as the tub etc.

Thanking you in advance.

Im on my third kilo of Cella and first of Vito's. I easily slice off a piece of ether, press it in my bowl with wet fingers and am ready to puck lather . I rewrap the block and put back in fridge, Cella kilos have lasted me over 2 years. both soaps are fantastic and I have a hard time to decide which is better

Hi Tallships. Thanks for that.

Have you ever tried to store the blocks on a shelf (i.e not in the fridge) ? When you re wrap the block to store in the fridge, do you add any extra plastic bags or do you only use the original packaging ?

Thanks

Hi Tallships. Thanks for that.

Have you ever tried to store the blocks on a shelf (i.e not in the fridge) ? When you re wrap the block to store in the fridge, do you add any extra plastic bags or do you only use the original packaging ?

Thanks
the last 2 of Cella i have rewraped and put in a baggie and wrapped with rubber band, keeps scent fresh and strong, did the same with Vitos. Also, scent of food don't ruin soap scent

I know @Marco posted a thread about how to store the kilo blocks of soap. There’s some good information in the thread but unfortunately I can’t remember the name of the thread

Im on my third kilo of Cella and first of Vito's. I easily slice off a piece of ether, press it in my bowl with wet fingers and am ready to puck lather . I rewrap the block and put back in fridge, Cella kilos have lasted me over 2 years. both soaps are fantastic and I have a hard time to decide which is better

Great advice for some excellent soaps!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I split mine up into 2oz blocks and vacuum sealed them and my two brothers and I split them between ourselves. The kilo is soft and I cut it with a knife. Not sure how it compares to the tub, but others say it is better in performance (of course, YMMV).

I keep mine in a cabinet under the sink in the bathroom. Been almost two years and still just like the day I first opened it.

cella 1.jpg

cella 2.jpg

I split mine up into 2oz blocks and vacuum sealed them and my two brothers and I split them between ourselves. The kilo is soft and I cut it with a knife. Not sure how it compares to the tub, but others say it is better in performance (of course, YMMV).

I keep mine in a cabinet under the sink in the bathroom. Been almost two years and still just like the day I first opened it.
That's was an excellent idea. Wished I had thought about that. I just left mine wrapped in its original plastic after removing some. Now the remaining block is a light tan in color. I'm kind of curious to see how deep the color change is.

Top Bottom