What's new

USA order shipping times.

Hi all
I’m still waiting for an order from Maggard that was shipped at the end of August. I haven’t ordered anything from the USA for awhile and I’m wondering if this is a common experience for orders to Oz or NZ.

Maggard's stuff usually turns up after about two weeks for me (maybe three one time, but their rates are very reasonable). Longest wait I've had so far was just over a month from West Coast Shaving.

The strangest was a package from the Stray Whisker in Aus, which took almost as long.

From memory it takes just long enough to start the thinking about contacting Maggard’s
My V3 razor heads took about 4 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks dub and rich.

It’s not quite 4 weeks so I may mistimed the order as I was hoping that it would arrive before SWMBO started school holidays.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've not ordered from Maggard's myself but have had many packages from the US.
Shipping times have been anything from 7 days to 3.5 weeks for me. Tracking when it has been given, shows a long lag time moving within the states, then sometimes there are other country stop overs on the way down here. Hope it turns up soon, waiting for a package is no fun.

My orders from Maggards to NZ have take anything from two to just over four weeks. Worth hanging on a little longer Gordon. I contacted them one time about a 'lost' order only to be embarrassed by the package arriving one day later! I've had a good run with orders from the USA and not had any go astray to date. Long delays, yes, but non-delivery, no.

As Chris said, the delay seems to be USPS within the continental USA. After orders have reached the last stopping off point to overseas destination they get here pretty quickly. Only once has a delay been the fault of NZ customs and that was over a Xmas period.

As Chris said, the delay seems to be USPS within the continental USA. After orders have reached the last stopping off point to overseas destination they get here pretty quickly. Only once has a delay been the fault of NZ customs and that was over a Xmas period.
I'm in the US, and surprisingly shipping can still take 10-14 days. Most retailers can print and submit shipping info to USPS from their computer. You recieve an email stating your order has shipped. The truth is that all that has happened is a label was created. The package has not been recieved by USPS. Once USPS physically receives the package, it can take 24 hours before the tracking system updates.

I've recieved the happy "Your order has shipped!" Emails, then watched as a package sat somewhere in limbo for 3-7 days before USPS physically had the package. Once USPS has the package, they are pretty fast. Even by the cheapest method, 2-4 days is the usual to anywhere in the continental US when I've shipped things.

The limbo factor is not unique to any one retailer. As a business I can understand that they are not going to run to the post office every 15 minutes when an order is received.
And it's not a Kidney, it's shaving gear. I usually get free shipping, and understand they need to be efficient in their process to be profitable. The "your order has shipped!" Emails can be misleading though.

Thanks Rob and Alex
The consensus is be patient.

PS: What do you think of Stirling Rob? They’re on my list of soaps and/or After Shaves that I’d like to try.

That starts to make more sense Hoka Hey. They don’t offer tracking so I can’t follow where it is.

It’s 5 weeks now since my Maggard order was shipped and I haven’t received it. That’s rubbish in my opinion.

It’s 5 weeks now since my Maggard order was shipped and I haven’t received it. That’s rubbish in my opinion.
Sometimes it gets held up in customs, you might want to contact them to see if you can get the tracking details or an update of where the parcel is

Thanks Rob and Alex
The consensus is be patient.

PS: What do you think of Stirling Rob? They’re on my list of soaps and/or After Shaves that I’d like to try.
Stirling soaps are my favourite tallow based soap, it lathers almost as good as MWF, and the scents are amazing. I plan on putting a few into the nz pass around box. I like the bay rum and gin and tonic scents the best out of my lot, Stirling spice is good too.

Stirling soaps are my favourite tallow based soap, it lathers almost as good as MWF, and the scents are amazing. I plan on putting a few into the nz pass around box. I like the bay rum and gin and tonic scents the best out of my lot, Stirling spice is good too.
The Gin and Tonic does sound tempting but I don’t need to order anything else at the moment. My wife’s niece lives in Berlin and they’ll be visiting after Christmas so she’s going to look for some soap for me.

I’ve sent an enquiry to Maggard but they may not be able to track it.

Top Bottom