What's new

US FDA endorses Snus as Safer than Cigarettes

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
In a landmark announcement, the FDA stated today that Swedish snus is a reduced-risk tobacco product. The USFDA has never distinguished between forms of tobacco before, despite some pretty good evidence that different forms of tobacco present different levels of risk. They stressed that this doesn't mean snus is safe, but it's a big step for the USFDA to say that snus is less risky than cigarettes.

I'm going to celebrate with a pouch of Oden's lemon snus.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Great news. Then again there is always a reason for these abrupt changes in policy.

I have been using Zyn pouches instead of having a pipe hang out my mouth all day at work. It’s a nicotine salt derived from tobacco. I really have no idea but it’s a white powder in a pouch that I can only guess is as safe as snus.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I switched from Copenhagen to General snus about 5 years ago. It is available at my local tobacco shop.

General and Jakobson's websites have a store tracker. Speedway shops near me stock General, Tinder Box has Jakobson. There are two Speedways a mile from my house either north or south, another with a slight detour on the way to work and the Tinder Box isn't too far out of the way from work.

Where can you purchase snus in the US? I thought it was banned or something.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Where can you purchase snus in the US? I thought it was banned or something.

I see General in lots of places—7-11, Plaid Pantry, etc. For other brands, I order online. Lots of vendors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
So does the suns come in different nicotine strengths? Sorry to jack the thread with my questions.

general snus mint fan here.

I can believe it being rated as somewhat safer. read alot of med journals about this. mostly with how tobacco is treated or cured in europe.

if i remember correctly process cuts down on the amount of nitrosamines present (English for good thing)

camo

Swedish Match has anticipated this for a while now. They have YEARS of case studies on the effects of snusing in Sweden. They have one of the highest rates of tobacco use in Europe, but one of the lowest cancer rates. That's why Swedish Match has been on a buying spree of other companies that are grandfathered in the PAC ACT. They have purchased V2 and Gotlandssnus. I'm sure they will be buying more companies along the way.

Top Bottom