What's new

US Dollar and Euro reach parity

Just a heads up that this morning the US Dollar and the Euro exchange rate was 1:1, or equal. This is good news for US customers buying from Europe, and not so good news for Eurozone consumers ordering from the USA. I ordered some stuff from a Spanish website with reasonably good prices, including a 200g MdC Agrumes glass jar for $56.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
That is good news, thanks for posting.

The rose, agrumes, and vetyver were never in glass jars AFAIK, they were released after the transition to the plastic tubs, which I actually prefer and you will too if you drop a glass jar. Don’t ask me how I know.

That is good news, thanks for posting.

The rose, agrumes, and vetyver were never in glass jars AFAIK, they were released after the transition to the plastic tubs, which I actually prefer and you will too if you drop a glass jar. Don’t ask me how I know.
Thank you Steve. All my MdC soaps are in glass, just a foolish assumption on my part. Plastic works great, and as you pointed out may be safer :)

Pricewise MdC Agrumes 200g seems about $75 from US vendors and was much less from Spain, surprisingly so. I received free shipping when I added one SV soap, and two Zenith unbleached boars, which are tougher to find here in the US.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
MdC plastic tubs do a pretty good imitation of glass, I'll say that much. When I *inevitably* slide one off the counter or a stack crashes on my shelf I'll be grateful.

Many folks have a difficult time believing that the plastic tub is not glass, and for good reason, it’s a high quality container. IIRC MdC said that the plastic tubs actually cost more than the glass - their supplier of glass jars raised the minimum order of jars so high that they couldn’t justify it.

Here’s how to tell the difference. The bottom of the glass jar has two round dimples 180 degrees apart, the plastic tub has a curved ‘ramp’ shaped depression in the bottom. The bottom of the glass jar is more rounded than the plastic tub. The glass jar is of course heavier, but you won’t know that unless you have both.

First release Agrumes on the right, original in glass on the left.

5EC22640-E7D6-41E0-8503-F83E7998F4A7.jpeg
0D9936A8-ECD9-4EB5-AD85-E64D4003FA68.jpeg

Just an FYI, the current PayPal exchange is .93 something. Even though I paid with card through Paypal, this time it didn't give me the option to let the card issuer do the conversion. I was a little annoyed, but thinking about it now, it usually costs $6 for the conversion and I paid $12. But got $9 cash reward so I saved $3. :rolleyes1

Realistically, I paid what I would have 3 months ago before any fees were added.

Top Bottom