What's new

US automaker bailout poll

Should the US bail these ungrateful automakers out?

• Too bad, let them sink!

• Blindly hand over 25 billion

• Provide limited assistance in other ways.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have been following the auto maker crisis as of late and was appalled at the CEOs yesterday! They are simply thankless and expect the government to help them. I heard it cost $20K for GM's man to fly in on the private jet. Let us keep this discussion civil. Let them sink!!!!!

If I were asking for that much money, I would be coming in on Value jet's lowest premium, taking a cab and be humble as hell while asking! These dicks, would reap all the benefits of the bailout.

I don't care about the CEO's but I do care about the workers. If government help can save jobs, please let them help. These CEO's can take care of themselves, the workers can't.

Gotta do something--

This is a particularly bad time for a huge economic anti-incentive. Even if we can put things off for 18 months or so, then tell them to go screw themselves when they come back for more, it would probably be better than letting the **** hit the fan just now.

I would like to say f-ck 'em. However, I don't like the idea of 10's of thousands of people lined-up at soup kitchens. Sorry, I just can't stomach it.

Let them go bankrupt and the government can work out a way to use the 700 billion to guarantee car warantees and help them restructure in return for equity stake in the new companies. Vote the pigs out at the top. Also, a mandatory IRS audit should be included for all executives. Frankly, my last condition is that the lot of those idiots should have to line up and kiss the butt of every member of the house and senate on live television.

Won't happen, but while I am dreaming.

F-cking idiots!!

F-cking idiots!!

What you said!! I heard someone on the news talking about giving each American adult 100k, instead of handing over 25 billion to them and that sounded pretty good! Provided, that you must buy an american car with it. Now that would help save their jobs. I have heard so many stories about the auto workers that makes me mad! They get paid huge amounts of money and they give it to five workers where one is needed because the union will not allow them to change the rules!

If help comes, get rid of the union!!! $30 an hour to sweep floors!! Pure crap!!

Let em sink, If my boss made bad decisions and was in bad shape nobody would bail him out. People need to be responsable for their actions. Now dont get me wrong, I know there are a lot of jobs to be lost, but I also think if they get bailed out now they will be back for more taxpayers money within two to three years if not sooner.

Regards,Bryan

What's funny here, I am considering buying an American vehicle in the next several months. Maybe I can finally get a good deal from them! Not sure who will handle warranty work???? Oh well, in time we shall see.

What's funny here, I am considering buying an American vehicle in the next several months. Maybe I can finally get a good deal from them! Not sure who will handle warranty work???? Oh well, in time we shall see.

Well if GM goes down, where would anyone get their car parts? Something to consider...

Why not? Sure, they've run an entire industry into the ground, but that didn't stop the US govt. from bailing out the financial sector. Fact is that everyone else benefiting from this bailout plan ran horrible business models and should have known better. I don't see why bailing out an investment bank that bought billions in bad loans is any better than bailing out an automaker that makes cars no one wants to buy. If anything the automakers employ more people and will have an even more detrimental effect on the economy if they fail.

I would have liked to see us never have gotten into the business of handing out hundreds of billions in corporate welfare in the first place. But now that we're here it seems silly to base who gets a handout on who ran their business poorly.

+1 for CEOs suck but so many workers should not have to suffer unemployment. I think limited, monitored assistance on the conditions that they stop making giant cars for soccer moms.

I favor much more caution with our bailouts. Rushes to bailout seems a mistake.

I'd help the big 3 with serious insistence upon not small but seismic shifts in the way they do business.

I'd rather loan 75 billion with good success than waste 25 billion--so do it right.

MJB

They need to file bankruptcy and no bailouts. Was bailout even and economic term before a couple months ago? that has done any good so far. Before the Big 3, wasn't it the big 4? Did AMC get a "bailout"?

It would be unfortunate that thousands of people would be out of work. Unfortunately, it will a cause a ripple effect with their suppliers not being paid and ultimately these people would also lose their jobs. It's an endless cycle.

Top Bottom