What's new

URGENT, Pending ATF determination changes Regarding "Arm Braces"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
The cynic in me thinks they withdrew the notice because they intend to outlaw/confiscate all ARs of any description, or at least more onerous restrictions, licensing, tax stamps for everything, etc.
The category is.... "How stupid can one be to want to disarm 100 million people"
I'm gonna go with "What is pretty damn?" for $1000.00, Alex.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
In that regard, I don't think they have really thought things through. But why does that surprise me? Some gun owners will undoubtedly roll over and give up what ever it is they don't want us to have, but many won't. I wonder what that aftermath may look like? Trying to tread lightly here. I best stop.

In that regard, I don't think they have really thought things through. But why does that surprise me? Some gun owners will undoubtedly roll over and give up what ever it is they don't want us to have, but many won't. I wonder what that aftermath may look like? Trying to tread lightly here. I best stop.

Uncomfortable times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no doubt the new administration will come after our firearms, but just how much can they do if they don’t gain control of the senate? It seems they will be very limited by executive order alone. And I expect the NRA to challenge every one in court.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is good news but make no mistake... This is a "For Now" kind of deal. We can breathe a sigh of relief but we can't give them an inch!

(Billing Code: 4410-FY-P)
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
Docket No. 2020R-10W
Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with “Stabilizing Braces”; Withdrawal of Guidance
AGENCY: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, Department of Justice.
ACTION: Notice; withdrawal.
SUMMARY: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (“ATF”) is announcing the withdrawal of a notice and request for comments entitled “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with ‘Stabilizing Braces’,” that was published on December 18, 2020.
DATES: The withdrawal is effective [INSERT DATE OF PUBLICATION IN THE FEDERAL REGISTER].
ADDRESSES: This Notice also will be made available on the ATF Web site (www.atf.gov).
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Andrew Lange, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice, 99 New York Ave. NE, Mail Stop 6N-518, Washington DC 20226; telephone: (202) 648-7070 (this is not a toll-free number). SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:

Upon further consultation with the Department of Justice and the Office of the Deputy Attorney General, ATF is withdrawing, pending further Department of Justice review, the notice and request for comments entitled “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with ‘Stabilizing Braces’,” that was published on December 18, 2020. 85 FR 82516. As explained in the notice, the proposed guidance was not a regulation. The notice informed and invited comment from the industry and public on a proposed guidance prior to issuing a final guidance document.
The withdrawal of the guidance does not change any law, regulation, or other legally binding requirement.
December 23, 2020
Marvin G. Richardson Associate Deputy Director

The part I put in bold is the troubling part... What is the next "proposed guidance"?
Well, I'll bet ya a nickel there won't be any changes until after January 20....

And I'll bet ya another nickel I won't agree with it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
They outlawed booze at one time.

Thanks for the reminder. America is so unique. We were built on Christian Principles, but we've always seemed to be contradictory, and that's why we still exist, VERY close to the comprises that the founders made with one another almost 250 years ago! Let that sink in.

Lots of folks like to think that all off the First Dudes were of one accord in the way they set things up. They weren't. There were Episcopalians, Methodists, Baptists, Theists, Jews, Agnostics and atheists and everything else that a man could be. Rich men, not so rich men....but they listened, yelled at each other....but THEY WERKED IT OUT!

And years later when they finally decided that slavery was evil, liquor should be easy to buy, and almost everything else people have NO DANGED BUSINESS sticking their noses into, the problem gets fixed. EVENTUALLY! ha....

Madison and a few others got danged close to perfect in our foundation.

I like what Robert A Heinlein said about how to check if a pacifist is really a pacifist by punching his wife in the nose. (Of course today, some men might be glad you did it. Then by the Tanned Farmer's reasoning such a man should be hung.)

But if you raise your children in such a manner as to be good citizen's, you don't need laws that drive such division today: abortion, guns, stolen elections....

I'm FarmerTan, and I approve this message. FarmerTan/Lazarus Long for President 2024 paid for this announcement! Vote early and often folks!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The cynic in me thinks they withdrew the notice because they intend to outlaw/confiscate all ARs of any description, or at least more onerous restrictions, licensing, tax stamps for everything, etc.

Kind of genius isn’t it? First get rich by making us pay to keep them and then take em’ anyway.

Evil genius but genius all the same.

OkieStubble

The category is.... "How stupid can one be to want to disarm 100 million people"
I'm gonna go with "What is pretty damn?" for $1000.00, Alex.

100 million people won’t have to be disarmed. 90 million will fall in line and do what their told. Another 5 million will make the decision to fall in line after looking in the face of their wives and children.

The last 5 million left will also look in the face of their wives and children and then say, “come and take it.”

Those 5 million in the news will be labeled as domestic terrorists.

100 million people won’t have to be disarmed. 90 million will fall in line and do what their told. Another 5 million will make the decision to fall in line after looking in the face of their wives and children.

The last 5 million left will also look in the face of their wives and children and then say, “come and take it.”

Those 5 million were the victors of the revolution.

OkieStubble

Those 5 million were the victors of the revolution.

Different time then Scott. And sadly, but honestly, a different type of the average man also. The reality most likely is, half of that 5 million won’t have the stomach or testicular fortitude when the first screams go out or the first bullets go whizzing by heads. We are now talking 2 1/2 million my friend.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game

Sadly, I agree Rob. But I will say I have no wife, I have no children, and it sticks and stones will break my bones, etc. I don’t know who said it but “you tell ‘em I’m coming and I’m bringing Hell with me!” Full disclosure… I am not ex-special forces, I don’t play special forces (even with all the cool toys! :) ) and if anyone ever shot at me I would probably crap myself but I will do my best to defend the Constitution and what others took as an oath! Pray to God it doesn’t come to that and that He protects us all! Other full disclosure… Take a country boy like me, or you, or a lot of the other guys on here and pit them against kids that just wanted some G.I. Bill money and, well… “They’ve got us surrounded! The poor bastards!” I take solace in engagements like the Chosin reservoir… I think 2 1/2 million could get it done!

Last edited:
Different time then Scott. And sadly, but honestly, a different type of the average man also. The reality most likely is, half of that 5 million won’t have the stomach or testicular fortitude when the first screams go out or the first bullets go whizzing by heads. We are now talking 2 1/2 million my friend.

Actually, it was the III%ers that embolden the rest. Nobody wants to go it alone and very few want to go first.

OkieStubble

Sadly, I agree Rob. But I will say I have no wife, I have no children, and it sticks and stones will break my bones, etc. I don’t know who said it but “you tell ‘em I’m coming and I’m bringing Hell with me!” Full closure… I am not ex-special forces, I don’t play special forces (even with all the cool toys! :) ) and if anyone ever shot at me I would probably crap myself crap myself but I will do my best to defend the Constitution and what others took as an oath! Pray to God it doesn’t come to that and then he protects us all!
Agreed to pray. Consider this. No war, is more brutal then civil war. Even more brutal, then defeating Hitler.

So I ask myself this question. With the soft culture we raise our metrosexual males in today. Could they defeat Hitler now?

Status
Not open for further replies.