What's new

Upside Down Baseplate Appreciation Thread

From Amazon
proxy.php

Link
Also from the ‘zon

How is this possible I wonder? I could be that the razors were sent to an photo studio were the don't know how these razors work, but when the pictures came back everybody was OK with the end result??

proxy.php

This thread is hilarious, but in all seriousness, does assembling them this way damage them? I see a lot of vintage razors on eBay and the like that are assembled this way for the photos and I avoid buying those because I’m afraid they might be bent or scratched or something from being assembled incorrectly.

Well, I guess I the good news is Merkur finally "retooled" their web site too...
1580175455658.png

I ran across a Tech with the baseplate mounted upside-down in a thrift shop. They wanted $40 and wouldn't come down, so I said no. I informed them the plate was upside-down and the guy said
"Well, that's how it came in. Forty bucks."

This is from an ebay listing. I just can't understand if you're professionally selling this, how do you make a mistake like this. I get someone who buys a bunch of stuff at an estate sale and doesn't know any better. To me, that's just ignorance. But to be a company that sells a razor and not be able to present your product as it is used, that's stupid.
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Top Bottom