What's new

Upside Down Baseplate Appreciation Thread

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Any one here get a chance to buy the Gillette Ragus razor?

IMG_4797.PNG

This may be my favorite...the Shock
Injecto

IMG_4798.PNG

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I love this thread.

And Shock Injecto was my stage name back in the early 70's punk era..

I have a thrift shop I frequent and the lady there puts all of the 3 piece models together that way. she doesn't know and it's become something of an endearing trait for the old girl. plus she prices them way too cheaply for me to complain.

Are these people perchance of the same breed that puts "Fat Boy" on every Gillette razor listing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awhile back I PIFed my brother in law a razor. He called me that night wondering why it wasn't cutting. Finally I asked him to video chat me, he holds up the razor and first words out of my mouth, "Flip over the baseplate." He got a great shave after that LOL.

Edwin Jagger sells a modern version. I used it one morning and must say it was my mildest shave ever. I prefer a more aggressive shave, so I ditched it.

A few years ago, I sold a Gillette New on eBay. I shipped it and wrapped each piece individually. I got an email from the purchaser saying the razor was defective: it wouldn't cut. He insisted that he assembled it correctly and when he returned it to me it was fully assembled: the wrong way. I sent him an email with a photo showing him the correct way the razor should be assembled. His answer: he had been DE shaving for three years and "knew" how to assemble a razor.

Top Bottom