What's new

"Upgrading" from a Merkur 37C to a 39C?

Anyone done it? I have a 37C now and I like it a lot. Should I "upgrade" it to a 39C in the future?

A longer handle seems more comfortable to me.

I'm pretty sure there are people here with both. What is the difference?

This would not really be an upgrade but rather a lateral move. The handle length is the only difference. So, if you'd prefer the longer handle, I'd say upgrade away.

I’m a short handle guy and I’ve got the 37. No desire for the 39 and as stated above I would call that a lateral move.

If your after a new razor I’d go with at least a different head design, if not a different razor altogether.

...aggression....
It's the same head so no different in aggression. How you handle the razor is a user issue and the Sledgehammer does have a knurled type finish on the handle so grip would not be an issue. It is not an upgrade in my view. If you want a different razor have you considered a Fatip?

It's the same head so no different in aggression. How you handle the razor is a user issue and the Sledgehammer does have a knurled type finish on the handle so grip would not be an issue. It is not an upgrade in my view. If you want a different razor have you considered a Fatip?

+1! Depends on whether you want a different handle.

Top Bottom