What's new

Upgraded Burma Brush to Badger

I guess this is like putting mag wheels on a Yaris. The handle is worth about 25 cents, but the knot was $27.

Ok, I am totally thing of doing the same thing on a low end synthetic brush. Where/who did you go through? Or did you do it yourself? Was it worth it?

Ok, I am totally thing of doing the same thing on a low end synthetic brush. Where/who did you go through? Or did you do it yourself? Was it worth it?

I just did a brush a few days ago... I took and old VDH handle and pulled the cheap boar bristle out then I bought a 24mm two band finest from TGN (The Golden Nib) I had to open the hole up just a bit on the handle to get the knot in but once that was done I got loktite 5 minute apoxy and mixed it up and put a reasonable amount in the hole and then set the knot in.

its not all that difficult and it will give you a very good quality brush for a fraction of the price of the big brand name brushes.

Do a search and I am sure you will find a number of brush restoration threads in the B&B forums. :thumbup:

I just did a brush a few days ago... I took and old VDH handle and pulled the cheap boar bristle out then I bought a 24mm two band finest from TGN (The Golden Nib) I had to open the hole up just a bit on the handle to get the knot in but once that was done I got loktite 5 minute apoxy and mixed it up and put a reasonable amount in the hole and then set the knot in.

its not all that difficult and it will give you a very good quality brush for a fraction of the price of the big brand name brushes.

Do a search and I am sure you will find a number of brush restoration threads in the B&B forums. :thumbup:

Thanks! I am looking at Rudy Vey right now. But I have looked the the TGN to get ideas of what I could do. :thumbup:

Either of those are excellent to deal with and they both will give you top quality products. you cant go wrong with either. :thumbup:

I purchased the knot on E-Bay. 22mm Super Badger for $26.95. Perfect fit--no drilling required. Epoxy it right in.

Top Bottom