What's new

Unusual number of "rare" Techs for sale

I've noticed a few more Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech razors on the UK bay recently. I just picked up a good condition head only for £25 and I see there are a couple of complete razors being auctioned right now that also look to be in pretty good condition, should anybody be interested.

I've also seen a couple of Hybrid Techs recently, the most recent of which I managed to win.

These usually only appear very infrequently, so it seemed worth a mention as I don't need any more vintage Techs myself.

TThnks
I've noticed a few more Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech razors on the UK bay recently. I just picked up a good condition head only for £25 and I see there are a couple of complete razors being auctioned right now that also look to be in pretty good condition, should anybody be interested.

I've also seen a couple of Hybrid Techs recently, the most recent of which I managed to win.

These usually only appear very infrequently, so it seemed worth a mention as I don't need any more vintage Techs myself.
Thanks or the heads up!

I would like to get a RFB Tech. £20 for shipping seems pretty steep. That can't be right. A lot of them say "postage not specified"; I suppose that means they don't want to ship internationally?

Last edited:
I would like to get a RFB Tech. £20 for shipping seems pretty steep. That can't be right. A lot of them say "postage not specified"; I suppose that means they don't want to ship internationally?
The two EFBs I mentioned are both £4.45 p&p within the UK. Current bids are £13.50 and £14.50 respectively. International shipping is always expensive, especially by air (unless it's from China, where the Chinese government subsidises it).

Luckily for me the made in England razors are mostly still in the UK, although I did import a nice replated EFB from Australia and an almost mint prewar from the US.

...International shipping is always expensive, especially by air (unless it's from China, where the Chinese government subsidises it).
Expensive, I can understand, but this is getting ridiculous.

I could ship one Mitchell's Wool Fat soap with ceramic dish, one Tabac soap with glass jar and one Cella Bio soap in the bowl for £10. That means a cased razor that weighs one-quarter as much (or less) costs twice as much to ship. This does not compute.

🤖

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The two EFBs I mentioned are both £4.45 p&p within the UK. Current bids are £13.50 and £14.50 respectively.
Remember old number seven in the terms of usage:

7. To prevent abusive advertisement, no member shall direct other members, either through direct hotlink or indirectly through comments or other means, to any live auctions or other auction sites.

Do not post URLs, item numbers, seller ID's, pictures, descriptions or any similar information unless that auction is strictly a "buy it now" sale with no option available to place a bid.

Members should also use good judgment in posting information that may reference specific active auctions, particularly if the extra attention drawn to it would be unwanted by other members who may be bidding.

Please feel free to discuss auctions only after they are completed.

Top Bottom