What's new

Unusual first names

Co-worker named Dewitt.
I had a coworker named DeJuan ... he said it was pronounced Dwayne.

My father was a Merchant Marine. His name was George. But when he would send telegrams home from overseas, he would sign them "DWAN" which he said stood for "Don't Worry About Nothing."

I remember having to drive all the way to a place called Vallejo in California to take a driving test for my class A licensed (I had to drive up from the LA area). The DMV inspector who tested me was an Asian man, and his name was, and I kid you not, "Duk". That might not sound so bad, but his last name was "Phuk."

I still get irritated remembering hearing a woman call her daughter Winter. My wife also recently met someone who's kid has FOUR first names (last name is a first) none of which I remember, most of which I couldn't pronounce.

My grandfather was named Claiborne.
My wife wanted to name my daughter something unusual. We named her Arabella. There are lots of different Bella names out there recently (4 on her softball term), but she is the only Arabella we have seen.
My niece is named Keradwen.

Thanks for the list of girl names, which I can pass on to our daughter and son-in-law, who have yet to pick a name for their baby, due next month.

I have some interesting female names in my family and a few male ones as well; definitely have not heard of most of these in later years:

Great Grandmothers:
Imo Myrtle
Thurza Dee

Great Uncles:
Rollie
Reo
Judson (Jud for short)
Ammon
Dewey

My grandmothers:
Rosezella Rae
Mary Belle

My mother:
Norma Lee (I have heard this name in the southern part of the country as all one word)

My wife's grandmothers:
Bertie
Gustie Leona

My stepson is dating a girl by the name of Persilita. I recently met a couple who named their daughter Siri! I guess they really like their iPhone. And I met a fellow who prefers to be called TJ. His real first name is Tequila and middle name is Johnstone. And my wife has an aunt whose name is Viola, like the musical instrument.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My wife's cousins named their kids strange names: Montana, Brooklyn, Heavenly, Masun, Storm, Kasun, Payne, Aryan, etc... I could go on forever. I'm sure I'm the only one that thinks kids names these days are weird.
To each his own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Going through my contacts list:
  • Drummound
  • Norbert
  • Gayton
  • Spring (I could never figure out why she was named Spring since she was born in January).
  • Xerxes

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Going through my contacts list:
  • Drummound
  • Norbert
  • Gayton
  • Spring (I could never figure out why she was named Spring since she was born in January).
  • Xerxes
Depending on the part of the country that you are in, during January the only thing you can think of is spring :)

Top Bottom