What's new

Unusual first names

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Now that took a turn I had not expected. I really meant to comment only on the few actresses that were used to present the many names.

Macedonia a female family friend

Nicolasa my grandmother on dads side

Roque a male cousin

Judith a female cousin

Eliseo a male cousin

That's what I was thinking. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul, Andrew, David, Adam, Noah, etc.

One of my friends ran a tutoring business for low income families. She tutored a couple of boys whose names were Lemonjelo and Orangelo. Pronounced with strong emphasis on the second sylable, so not immediately recongnizable, but it doesn't take too much thought to realize they were named after Jello flavors.

Did they happen to be football players who lived in West Michigan?

I personal seen twins named Tweena and Tweenba (hospital marks new born twins as Twin A and B).
My other all time favorites are ****head (pronounced sheeZad) and Gonorrha
Know a guy with a first name of Chadburn.

Last edited:
I once got in a cab in DC driven by a nice Pakistani gentleman, whose first name on his Taxicab license was Shaved.

His last name was Butt (honest truth)

My wife taught a student named, and i have to go with phonetic spelling as i've no idea on the proper spelling, Kwayzee or at least that's how i heard it.

dave

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I have coworkers named Elfi, Meybis, Brandi, Espy (Esperanza), Jada, and Nedra. All female.

Nothing unusual on the male side of the equation. Plenty of Joes, a handful of Matts, Jim, Rick, Mike, Will, Rob, Richard, John, Phil, Lawrence (don't call him Larry) and me, David (I like to hear BOTH syllables.)
I have an aunt Nedra. She goes by Sue.

We just adopted a set of twin boys who we have been raising since they were 2 months old. Two of my childhood idols were Dar Robinson and Hal Needham. Since these two boys have been walking, they have been running and diving so I started calling them Hal and Dar. When the adoption was final, we changed their names to Halloran (Hal) and Darrance (Dar).

I have an aunt named Aurora

Also Federica

My female boss' name is Penny

Grandpa name is Anastasio Esteban so he goes by Esteban

Top Bottom