What's new

unusual display methods

Legion

Staff member
Like most of you I have quite a few razors sitting in draws that are not really in any rotation.

After living alone for the last six months I am only just getting used to the concept that I am allowed to decorate my place anyway I like and I do not have to submit any ideas for female approval before I proceed.

A little while ago I found a nice vintage test tube rack at work that was no longer being used so I acquired it for a bit of "bachelor decorating".

Do any of you have any other suggestions on unusual shaving, or anything else, related decorating ideas for our pads?

proxy.php
[/IMG]

That rack is so full of win. At my old apartment where I didn't have much counter space, all I had was a wire rack next to the sink. So, I got carabiner from my hiking gear, went to home depot and got a ring clamp, and clamped the carabiner onto the rack. Then, I took a piece of thin gauge metal cord and made a loop around the end of the handle of my brush, securing it by twisting and crimping the cord. So, when I was done, I slipped the loop into the carabiner, with the lock facing up, so it wouldn't fall off, and could drip into the sink.

I've been considering a flatware chest, been trying to find a nicer one than this locally:

Looking for something in the attic last night when it hit me like a brick to the forehead: I'm looking for something to store/display razors... why not a flatware chest? Did some googling, and headed to Bed Bath and Beyond today for a dry run. Here's what I found...

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Legion

Staff member
That's pretty cool. Makes me think I want to build a case for a matching set of safety razors. Dueling razors, like the old dueling pistols.

"Sir, choose you weapon."

:biggrin:

That's pretty cool. Makes me think I want to build a case for a matching set of safety razors. Dueling razors, like the old dueling pistols.

"Sir, choose you weapon."

:biggrin:

That was my intention. I wanted to lay out the "Extended Aristocrat Family" and/or "Favorite Shavers" in one case, and put my other misc. razors in the bottom drawer. Left to right, they'd be 30s Aristocrat, 41 Aristocrat, 46-47 Aristocrat, 48-50 Aristocrat, Diplomat, President, then whatever else I wanted to make the group look spiffy... Senator, Sheraton, Bull Mastiff NEW... British Aristocrats if I ever get any :rolleyes: etc.

I've always been a fan of the test tube racks! There are a few pipe racks at antique stores around my area that I think long and hard about every time I go.
I recently hung this cup rack and decorated it with a couple of razors from my collection.
proxy.php

mine are spread across a steel bbq rack in the bathroom a wooden knife box and old multi layer fold out sewing box.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have an old Gillette display case that I have filled up as much as I can, the rest are sadly languishing in a cabinet crying for freedom.

I've always been a fan of the test tube racks! There are a few pipe racks at antique stores around my area that I think long and hard about every time I go.
I recently hung this cup rack and decorated it with a couple of razors from my collection.
proxy.php

this is cooler than the naked chicken dance.

Top Bottom