What's new

Unused Hoards of Blades, What to Do With Them

Hello everyone! I'm not sure this is an altogether common experience since I have a tendency to hoard anything- whether its tobacco, blades, or literature it just seems to be some sorta compulsion. Regardless, it used to be that Astra SS blades were my go to and i figured there was no chance of any other blade being necessary, however after discovering Gilette Silver Blues and Personna Lab Blues its almost impossible to go back to Astra SS as it just feel tuggier than it did before. Perhaps a case of finding out what it should really feel like shaving with no pressure and hardly any blade feel as opposed to the blade feel for days esque experience I have with Astras. Granted they aren't a bad blade, they just tend to struggle in my thicker beard areas. Anywho, long story short what do you all do with blades you have no use for anymore? I have around 300 of them and I am torn between just keeping them, giving them away, or selling them. I don't see blade sales on the Buy, Trade, Sell sub-forum so it makes me feel like for the most part people just don't buy huge quantities of blades :smile:. What does everyone do with blades they have no use for?

1. Give them away 1 or 2 tucks at a time.
2. Save a few for the archive in case you get the itch to try them again.
3. Shave the callouses on your feet with them.
4. toss em in the garbage.

I give them to an admin that deals with monthly giveaways so they can use them as part of a set. Or you can dull them down and make wind chimes out of them. That’s more of an end of life for straight razor thing though. There’s nothing wrong with selling them. Maybe someone would want to trade you something for them.
Another idea is trying to find someone in the family, or friends, that have the want to dabble in the wet shaving world that are new to it.
Hope you find the option that works well for you though. :)

... I’d rather be shaving! [emoji631]

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Sell them to use in your other collections, and use more purchases to fill the cleared space.

Perhaps a more aggressive razor could make them usable for you? For me, some blades that are downright useless in a milder razor are very usable, though not perfect, in a more aggressive one.

Now if you absolutely love your razor and don't want to mess around looking for a new one, give them away a few tucks at a time.

Not worth exposing yourself at USPS now for shipping. Keep em for now and once madness/risk is gone....consider anything to get rid of the. I will do that 2.

Damn yall are being passive aggressive as ****, guess it was a dumb question lol. Let the thread die.

No, definitely not a dumb question but people around here tend to come off as a little 'forward' sometimes. I do agree with some of the responses though and personally I would try to sell or trade them. You can post a PIF (pay it forward, giveaways basically) if you'd like to 'give back' but that is only one option. If you have specific blades you do like you can try to trade, that is likely your best bet. I'll guarantee there are members here who love blades you hate and hate blades you love haha.

And, while I personally could care less and cuss like a sailor in actual conversation, be really easy with any sort of 'bad' language (ie: anything that gets *'ed out) around here because our mods are hardcore. Like so hardcore it's a topic of conversation in other forums lol.

I Hope you are able find a solution to your blade dilemma!

Donate them to the annual B&B Sue Moore Breast Cancer auction.
Get a hold of Mr. Bingle and donate them for the Secret Santa give aways

...or both.

Top Bottom