What's new

Unscrupulous Seller Maybe?

So I bought a razor from one of the many forums I belong to. I sent the payment right away and after contacting the seller the next day I was provided with a picture of the package with USPS information on it.
The next day I follow up with her seller because USPS still says status as "Pre-Shipment". He said he just dropped it off that morning and that's why. So now I check this morning and it still says the same thing.
Does USPS sometimes take over a day to process packages? Does that sound fishy? I have no idea what to do next. Any thoughts?

Cheers
Montie

That sounds completely normal. If it disappears from the USPS site or says delivered to a city that is not your own, then I would contact the seller again. As long as they continue to communicate, I wouldn't assume any issues.

That sounds completely normal. If it disappears from the USPS site or says delivered to a city that is not your own, then I would contact the seller again. As long as they continue to communicate, I wouldn't assume any issues.

Thanks. Seems to be the theme.

I’ve noticed that the website has been really lagging sometimes, I’ve gotten packages delivered where the tracking wasn’t showing any info yet. Sometimes its on point and sometimes it’s way off, I’m not sure why.
I would say give it a day and see if you get any new info. Hopefully no issues

I’ve noticed that the website has been really lagging sometimes, I’ve gotten packages delivered where the tracking wasn’t showing any info yet. Sometimes its on point and sometimes it’s way off, I’m not sure why.
I would say give it a day and see if you get any new info. Hopefully no issues

And their website is impossible to navigate.

Cheers
Montie

I had a package or two do that, no worries. What was worrisome was when it got stuck in Chicago for a few days and delayed the delivery. Not the sellers fault and for me a rare USPS mis-step. Usually USPS is solid at least in my limited experience.

I had a package or two do that, no worries. What was worrisome was when it got stuck in Chicago for a few days and delayed the delivery. Not the sellers fault and for me a rare USPS mis-step. Usually USPS is solid at least in my limited experience.

Thanks. I had a lot of feedback saying USPS is likely the reason for the delay so I will wait patiently

Cheers
Montie

The USPS frequently misses scans...especially if the package was shipped first class rather than priority and even more so if the shipper printed the label and dropped off the package rather than paying in person. We have seen a huge increase with this issue over the past year.

The USPS frequently misses scans...especially if the package was shipped first class rather than priority and even more so if the shipper printed the label and dropped off the package rather than paying in person. We have seen a huge increase with this issue over the past year.

That makes me feel a lot better. Thanks.

We often get inquiries just like this. It is a misnomer for the post office to say they have "tracking." They don't. FedEx does and UPS does. Their tracking indicates where that box is all along the way with multiple entries. USPS "tracking" lags big time. We ship orders out and it all depends on who is working it seems. Sometimes they are scanned upon receipt at the post office, often they are not. So the customer checks tracking which they automatically receive and all it says is that the label was created three days ago. "Where is my order?" A reasonable question and one I would as as well, if I were not aware. The next entry is often, "Out for delivery" and they get their order.

I have had orders several times that indicated they had been delivered to the customer and they write to say they don't have it. Here is what happened. The mail carrier scanned all boxes early in the morning first. Then they set out to make deliveries during the day. A customer checks tracking mid-morning and it will show it has already been delivered. They check the front step and mail box and nothing. It is because the mail carrier had not gotten to their place yet. Lots of variables with people, not good or bad - just variables.

"Tracking" with the post office can more accurately be considered confirmation that the order has shipped and confirmation it was delivered. But don't consider it as something you can monitor as your order progresses to the destination.

Having said all that, we have almost always had great luck with the postal service. They really do a herculean task and do so quickly considering what is at hand. There are exceptions but such is life with any industry.

We often get inquiries just like this. It is a misnomer for the post office to say they have "tracking." They don't. FedEx does and UPS does. Their tracking indicates where that box is all along the way with multiple entries. USPS "tracking" lags big time. We ship orders out and it all depends on who is working it seems. Sometimes they are scanned upon receipt at the post office, often they are not. So the customer checks tracking which they automatically receive and all it says is that the label was created three days ago. "Where is my order?" A reasonable question and one I would as as well, if I were not aware. The next entry is often, "Out for delivery" and they get their order.

I have had orders several times that indicated they had been delivered to the customer and they write to say they don't have it. Here is what happened. The mail carrier scanned all boxes early in the morning first. Then they set out to make deliveries during the day. A customer checks tracking mid-morning and it will show it has already been delivered. They check the front step and mail box and nothing. It is because the mail carrier had not gotten to their place yet. Lots of variables with people, not good or bad - just variables.

"Tracking" with the post office can more accurately be considered confirmation that the order has shipped and confirmation it was delivered. But don't consider it as something you can monitor as your order progresses to the destination.

Having said all that, we have almost always had great luck with the postal service. They really do a herculean task and do so quickly considering what is at hand. There are exceptions but such is life with any industry.

Thanks. My concern was that maybe the seller hadn't sent it and since it kept saying Pre-Shipment but I will just wait, which is the hardest thing when you have a new toy on the way.

Top Bottom