What's new

Unscented tallow based soap

Ok, so I know it's a long shot, but do you know of any unscented tallow based soaps? I saw Barrister & Mann has one, but are there any other soaps you know of?

My skin does NOT get along with scented soaps, but I would still like some nice soaps that won't bother my skin. I really like the consistency of Arko, but even that can bother me a bit.

Thanks!

Haslinger Schafmilch has a very soapy sort of a scent, not much really and it's wonderful soap it maybe worth a try.

If you want good non tallow then I think LA Shaving Soap unscented is great stuff.

Mystic water sensitive skin. Unscented with tallow and if you have sensitive skin, this soap would be perfect !!

Haslinger Schafmilch has a very soapy sort of a scent, not much really and it's wonderful soap it maybe worth a try.

If you want good non tallow then I think LA Shaving Soap unscented is great stuff.
+1 the scharmilch is practically unscented, i don't have the ingredient list so i cannot comment about the use of parfum or essential oils, but give it a try

You should consider Haslinger's schafmilch. It has a bit of soap scent but that's about it. Plus it performs! :thumbup1:

My understanding is that scent-related irritation almost always comes from the group called "fragrance oils." But there are also "essential oils" that rarely cause problems. Maybe later on you can try branching out with some samples that only contain the essential oils?

You should consider Haslinger's schafmilch. It has a bit of soap scent but that's about it. Plus it performs! :thumbup1:

potassium stearate, sodium stearate, potassium tallowate, aqua, lac powder, parfum, sheep milk, arachis hypogaea, lanolin, potassium cocoate, glycerine, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, alpha-isomethyl ionone, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, CI 77891

Another vote for Haslinger Schafmilch. A great tallow base soap with no detectable scent (at least to me) By the way, it is a truly great soap performance wise.

+1 for Valobra Unscented or NOS Art of Shaving Unscented from here or here, which was also made by Valobra in Italy.

Here are the ingredients for both:

Valobra Unscented
$valobraunscenteding.jpg

Old tallow formula AOS unscented on top. Image by texaninkc.
View attachment 695628

Most artisans sell unscented soap. You just have to make sure that you choose an artisan that offers the tallow base that you want.

I'm a fan of Haslinger, but as noted, check the ingredients list, as it has fragrance to it, apparently.

CRSW makes some of the best soap on the market today, but I have tried their unscented soap, and I feel like it is inferior to their scented soaps, due to the lack of lanolin.

Stirling, and Mystic Water, are good choices, because you can order samples of them, before committing to a full container.

Top Bottom