What's new

Unscented Hard Soaps

hey guys and gals....

I have a request from a person that wants a list of UNSCENTED HARD SOAPS....

what can you think of and the website...

thanks alot...

mark the shoeshine boy

The Kent soap has the least scent of any of them, and shaves great. Available through Kent and eBay (I think).

I also have one that I don't care for that I would part with if they are interested.

I carry one with no scent added at all.. Be careful because many soaps will say no fragrance added... This means they have added a fragrance oil called 'no fragrance' which will mask all scents....... !!:w00t:

Mama Bear

This is something that all specialty soap makers are aware of and would never do. It is however, very common with mass produced bath and hygene products. It threw me for a loop when I learned of it!

There is no-one here that would offer anything like this, my apologies are offered if this was taken any other way...

Regards,

Mama Bear

Mama Bear said:
I carry one with no scent added at all.. Be careful because many soaps will say no fragrance added... This means they have added a fragrance oil called 'no fragrance' which will mask all scents....... !!:w00t:

Mama Bear

this is quite an interesting revelation.

mrob said:
Is unscented soap an oxymoron, like tasteless beer?

Oh, no. . .that's called Budweiser!:biggrin:

You know, we could just extend it to be an "american beer = water" joke (all of the Canadians would laugh).

:001_smile

If you edit that to say "American mass produced beer," I'm laughing with you--and I'm half Canadian, and grew up on an island between the US and Canada, so was weaned on Canadian beers.

But if you are throwing all of the great micro-brewed US domestic beers under the bus, too. . .well, then them thar is fightin' words!:biggrin:

mrob said:
If you edit that to say "American mass produced beer," I'm laughing with you--and I'm half Canadian, and grew up on an island between the US and Canada, so was weaned on Canadian beers.

But if you are throwing all of the great micro-brewed US domestic beers under the bus, too. . .well, then them thar is fightin' words!:biggrin:

vancouver island?

Wrong coast--Grand Island, near Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Home of chicken wings and beef on weck. . .ah!

mrob said:

I am certainly willing to make such an ammendment. While I haven't tried any US micro-brewed beers I have no doubt that there are some good ones... as for the mass-produced US beers... well, the ones that I've sampled haven't been good (IMHO).

Weck is a kimmelwick roll--a hard roll coated in salt and carraway seeds--you dip the roll in beef juice, pile on the roast beef--sliced thin and cooked very rare--then slather it with horseradish. Yum.

I have unfragranced, NO added EO or FO,
But, I really want to know where to buy those rolls? (sorry Mark).
Sue

Probably only in Buffalo :wink: --or, perhaps if you have a German market near you?

They are well worth the effort to find them.

mark the shoeshine boy said:
hey guys and gals....

I have a request from a person that wants a list of UNSCENTED HARD SOAPS....

what can you think of and the website...

thanks alot...

mark the shoeshine boy

I make unscented round soaps that can fit in a shaving mug.

Top Bottom