What's new

Unscented Aftershaves

Today I used DRH Sandlewood AS, a scent I love but don't use often because of the cost. It had been awhile since I last used it. This did not agree with SWMBO. She ended up getting a headache, and I had to take another shower to get the scent off of me. She asked me to get some unscented AS. I said, "buy more product? You're twisting my arm. Ouch, that hurts! OK, I give up! I'll buy more shaving stuff."

With that said, can I get some recommendations for unscented aftershaves?

Splash? Stirling. The best truly unscented I’ve tried. Noble otter has an unscented too but I haven’t tried it. I have tried so many lightly scented and unscented. Not a heck of a lot of options. CF Cryogen is too cold for me and fine snakebite is harsh and expensive.

You don't need to go unscented. I hate long lasting aftershaves, and Sandalwoods are one of the longest lasting. Since you already have DHR, my 1st suggestion is to cut the DHR with 1/2 to 3/4 (or more) witch hazel (Dickinsons or generic) to see if that helps tone it down. If not, look for a nice bay rum. Captain's Choice is my favorite short-lasting BR, Cat o' Nine Tails if you can stand some early extra warmth is also not long lasting. CC Lime is also good. If you or your wife like the scent of clove, there's Ogallala Bay Rum, another favorite of mine, which is also not long lasting. For nights I shave just before bed and don't want a scent, I just use Dickinson's witch hazel as an aftershave.

Imperial Barber Bergamot After-Shave is a really nice, very lightly-scented splash. Scent is gone within 10-15 minutes. No alcohol or menthol, though, if that's what you're looking for.

Thanks for all the suggestions. These are great. Any more out there or seconds to some previously mentioned?

When I'm looking for something with a mild dissipating scent, I reach for Thayer's peach or coconut in the summer and the medicated in the winter. Scent lasts for a few minutes then is completely gone and really feels great.

German tüff Green is totally unscented and cheap and
Very good performing

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

1590314093873.png

PAA makes an unscented splash called Sin. No scent at all, some good stuff in it for the skin. I also recently discovered Barrister and Mann Soft Heart series unscented splash. No scent and it also has some good skin properties. Seriously though if you want something unscented, inexpensive and good for your skin try plain Witch Hazel. Your wife will thank you.

Top Bottom