What's new

Unknown razors. Help with identifying.

I am a newbie to the razor world. During Co-vid I have taken up collecting, buying and selling vintage razors.

Most times i can come to this site or others like it and identify what I have. i generally find razors in estate sales.

There are 2 razors that I acquired recently mixed in with a lot of vintage Gillette and Valet razors.
The first one is a 4 piece , open comb razor. It is silver ; most likely plated; and was very tarnished. After cleaning to remove the tarnish it polished up nicely.

There are no marks on this razor at all. Any ideas on what it is?

the second razor is a very basic; and almost crude; Aluminum 3 piece razor. Once again no marks on it at all. it was pretty dirty and cleaned up ok.

Any ideas?

Any help with identifying from the knowledgeable group on this site will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-3180.jpg
    IMG-3180.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG-3182.jpg
    IMG-3182.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG-3183.jpg
    IMG-3183.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG-3184.jpg
    IMG-3184.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG-3177.jpg
    IMG-3177.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG-3178.jpg
    IMG-3178.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG-3179.jpg
    IMG-3179.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 20
Many 4 piece travel razors designed exactly like the one above were made in Germany and were stored in little folding metal cases. Even Gillette made one called the Vienna Vest Pocket Set.

They are marked with the Gillette logo. Since yours has no markings it can't be identified re. country of manufacture or which company made it. Same with the other ones. Sorry but without some sort of marking or stamping you won't be able to id them most likely.

Top Bottom