What's new

University Flake vs Solani Aged burley

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Has anyone smoked them back to back? Barring the obvious difference in the toppings, does anyone taste any similarities? I initially thought it reminded me of LNF, but after the charring light I could help but think of ABF, or even HH Burley. Will smoke some burley tomorrow to see for myself.

Never smoked them back to back, or really anywhere near the same time frame, but I dont recall considering them to be at all similar. I may have to conduct an experiment.

I haven’t tried UF. I’ve been put off by the berry, plum, fruit taste I’ve read about. Is this true, is it heavily topped?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It doesn’t seem to be as strong when smoked, but the tin note is definitely noticeable. It’s not goopy or sticky tho.

I wouldn't call it heavily topped. It's more along the lines of topped like Erinmore Flake is. Fruity notes, highly noticeable in the tin note, but much more subtle in the smoke itself. Not some over wet impossible to dry out kind or aro out of a pouch. I wasn't huge on it, once in a while a bowl hit the spot, but decided I preferred other aro's when the mood struck. I'm also not a burley fan, so there maybe something to your observation/comparison. lol

Top Bottom