What's new

Unique Way to Lather

There are some interesting things in this video!

For example, at the 5:30 mark, Mr. Lee shaves Harry's forehead. I've never considered shaving my forehead before. Is this something that anybody (everybody?) here does, or am I just out of the loop?

Then, at the 28:30 mark, after getting what looks like an amazing and invigorating shampoo, Mr. Lee rinses Harry's hair with a mix of warm water and vinegar. I'd never heard of that before, so I looked up "vinegar hair rinse" on Google.

I was surprised to find that it's supposed to be beneficial for your hair. It restores your hair's pH balance, strips away residue from styling products, add protein and godo bacteria to your hair and scalp, and might cure dandruff! Who'dathunkit? :001_tongu

I don't think my wife would embrace the fifty gallon aluminum stock pot with a spray foam heart on it in the bathroom... Idk though, makes decent lather.

Thats is as old school as it gets! Pretty cool!

Sadly with covid and all it’ll be really hard from now on to get a shave like that on top of the already shortage of old school barbers in the U.S.

I like the idea of washing the hair with vinegar, sounds healthy and cheap, maybe it’ll prolong the inevitable balding that will eventually befall me!😂

Wouldn't using a small warm bowl be easier? If nothing else no bending over.
I guess it would be easier, but as the saying goes:”you can’t teach new tricks to an old dog”

The barber seems to be comfortable on his old ways so is part of the experience.

In my hometown in Mexico the barber I would go to get my haircut would have a scuttle with a warmer built in.

The soap and the brush lived in that scuttle and only when it was time to use it he would add a little water to the brush and build a bit of lather to shave the back of the neck or make enough when a costumer required a full shave.

For some reason it didn't look very sanitary and the brush was always full of dried up soap, it was never rinsed and never left the scuttle, but it sure smelled awesome and since the scuttle was always hot the soap would evaporate and fill the barbershop with a wonderful scent.

Top Bottom