What's new

Union Cutlery Spanish Point Help

Hey guys I picked this shaver up the other day and man its a real beauty in person. Im really happy with it so far I just need some help on the date and on how to measure straight razors in general.

Its a union cutlery, 11/16 ? How do I measure sizes? Its 11mm wide, hope that helps. Spanish point with faux MOP overlay on the tang. art nouveau on the scales.

I cant find a date for this guy can someone please chime in and let me know. I am going to clean her up. This is as it came in, I think it will make a great little shaver. It also came with a box no lid, but it did have a torn up warranty paper. Thank you

Its a union cutlery,
how do you know? the box means nothing, any razor can be put in that box. are there any markings on the razor to indicate manufacturer - if not, i would consider it unknown manufactrer.
11/16 ? How do I measure sizes?
the width of the blade from the edge to the end of the spine (in inches), that's the only consistent definition, even though some manufacturers measure to the begining of spine and round

how do you know? the box means nothing, any razor can be put in that box. are there any markings on the razor to indicate manufacturer - if not, i would consider it unknown manufactrer.

the width of the blade from the edge to the end of the spine (in inches), that's the only consistent definition, even though some manufacturers measure to the begining of spine and round

Its marked on the tang, I do agree with you on boxes being useless. I have around 10 boxes all mismatched to razors. I figured out the measuring process from some guys over on SRP. 11mm = 7/16

Im not sure what the round is though?, thank you

ah, good, small razor eh

'round' as in 'round down', i.e. if it's 11/16 or 23/32 the manufacturer may call it 5/8

Hey if you make up a crazy conspiracy story about the person on the scales, you might get a huge sum of cash like that razor that went a few days ago if you put it on the bay :lol:.

It's nice looking too.

Very nice. Now let's work on the conspiracy story. Perhaps that is the very razor which inspired King Gillette to invent the DE?

No that is very clearly an exact depiction of the pregnant Mary Magdalene carved by a first hand witness. That's a super rare razor easily worth $800 if I were pricing it to my friends, but I might sell it on ebay for $450 :rolleyes:

it came with a warranty, you could have just sent it back and they would fix it up for you :biggrin:

but seriously, very nice (as usual) im glad to see that razor being used, not hoarded by one of those villians scale collectors

I found her blonde sister.

Okay. Two sisters, seperated at birth. Both went on to marry the son of a well known US diplomat from the 1930's (but no one knows WHICH son, and at the time no one knew he even got married). These women encouraged the diplomat's son to change foreign policy, and as a result they are directly responsible for every bad accident that has happened in international waters since the 1930s.

Your mind is blown. You owe me a cut of the proceeds should you decide not to keep this razor. I had to do hours worth of research to find all of this out.

Dude, you just started this straight razor thing a little while ago and you're already finding beautiful blades and cleaning them up into perfection! I am jealous ! good job and keep in touch.

Are you using Maas for your touch ups on the steel?

Dude, you just started this straight razor thing a little while ago and you're already finding beautiful blades and cleaning them up into perfection! I am jealous ! good job and keep in touch.

Are you using Maas for your touch ups on the steel?

I know bud im super addicted, no maas here only turtles. :wink: Have you peaked though my threads? I also picked up a nakayama kiita :rolleyes:

Top Bottom