What's new

Underwhelmed with my new J type Injector

I have to say that I am quite underwhelmed with my new Schick J type injector. I have only used it twice so far but it just doesn't perform very well. I am using standard schick injector blades and good prep but am not getting good results. Has any one had similar experiences or maybe have some tips for using one of these because otherwise you will soon see a J type in the BST.

Thanks,
Andrew

Are you holding it flat against your face? Are they the Chinese Schick blades? If it doesn't work out for you I will buy it back from you.

I can't say that I ever tried a "J" type. My favorite of the injectors I did use back in the days they were on the market, was the "Hydro-Magic". I believe Appleby refers to it as the "I2" type. I used one of those for quite a while before I finally switched back to a DE. I suspect the Hydro-Magic version of the "J" type would be similar except for the longer and slimmer handle, but perhaps not.

Have you tried varying the angle of the razor to your face? The angle seems kind of intuitive for most people, but certainly you can get it wrong.

Regards,
Tom

Are you holding it flat against your face? Are they the Chinese Schick blades? If it doesn't work out for you I will buy it back from you.

Mark, that is a very generous offer but I believe I am going to give this razor more of a chance. I am going to see if I can find some different blades, possibly Personna, or Ted Pella. Maybe I am just spoiled using my slant and feathers.

Andrew

Well, the Slant will spoil RAD. The Pella blades are supposed to be good. Once you get the hang of it, I am sure it will have a spot in your rotation.

IMO the Schick E & G series of razors shave better/closer and are better looking than those that followed. You may want to try those.

Richard

Top Bottom