What's new

Undershirts

Happy Saturday B&B Gentlemen!

Came here to ask, does anyone make a decent undershirt anymore? As in one that doesn't have a bacon collar and shrink to nothing the first time you dry them.

It seems like every time I buy them, first time they end up in the dryer they barely reach my belly button anymore. I've heard good things about the Duluth shirts, but kinda cringed when I saw they were $27 a piece.

Any recs?

Oh hey guys! What's going on in this thread? :001_302:

post-102888-0-64811500-1512300868.jpg

I have been forced to order XL Talls from Nordstrom (I think they're Calvin Klein, almost 100% on this one) and know that they will "shrink slightly to fit." And I'm only 6'2" so I can't imagine what properly tall people have to deal with.

For ages, I've bought Costco's undershirts, as they were ringspun cotton, and were sufficiently long enough to tuck in. I'm 6'7" tall, so finding shirts long enough is a pain in my rear. In the past year, or so, though, the Kirkland shirts have seemed to have both gotten shorter, and suffered from a decrease in quality.

Fortunately, I've discovered Jockey undershirts. They seem to be of a decent quality, the collars seem to stay decent-looking, and they are long enough to properly tuck in. They are twice the price of what the Kirkland ones were, but that seems to be the nature of things, I guess.

I’ve bought Calvin Klein’s and Tommy H’s and many others and the ones that do what I need them to are inexpensive Fruit Of The Loom undershirts. Long enough to stay tucked in and very little shrinkage. Cheers.

I have been forced to order XL Talls from Nordstrom (I think they're Calvin Klein, almost 100% on this one) and know that they will "shrink slightly to fit." And I'm only 6'2" so I can't imagine what properly tall people have to deal with.

6”7’ here. Nordstrom, Men’s Warehouse and Jos A Bank all stock a healthy selection of tall Sizes. I’d be lost (or at least poorly dressed) without them!

I used to get J. Crew Large-Talls (I’m 6’5”), but the fit changed a few years ago. I switched to Eddie Bauer, and the Large-Tall size works, but I wish they were a tiny bit longer.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I'm from Australia and am wondering if you wear the undershirts like we wear singlets? I wear singlets in the summer and a thermal type of t shirt in the winter, more for warmth.

I'm from Australia and am wondering if you wear the undershirts like we wear singlets? I wear singlets in the summer and a thermal type of t shirt in the winter, more for warmth.
I believe here that we would call them "Tank Tops" if you're referring to what I believe you are. Singlets are a single piece of clothing for both bottom and top (sort of) and worn only by wrestlers and men swimming the the 1920s... :D

proxy.php

I’m 6’4 with a longer torso and I struggle with all shirts. I’m currently wearing jockey tall size and also tommy john undershirts. The tommy john are great and the length is perfect but run tight so I have to get them a size larger than normal.

I am a big fan of Ex Officio underclothes. I have their Give-n-Go sport mesh boxer briefs and one of their sport mesh tee-shirts. Problem for me is that the tee-shirts, at least the color and size I want, run $28 a piece. That is too steep for me. So I recently tried one of these -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BBW4ELW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2AKBTVC4GWLYM&psc=1

Very pleased with it, though not quite as nice as the Ex Officio version. Then again, the latter are not so nice as to warrant spending nearly another $20 per shirt.

Tim

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I believe here that we would call them "Tank Tops" if you're referring to what I believe you are. Singlets are a single piece of clothing for both bottom and top (sort of) and worn only by wrestlers and men swimming the the 1920s... :D

and I thought you called a singlet a wife beater. :a11::stuart:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I know they are expensive, but the Ex Officio Give-n-Go really are fantastic. After seeing virtually no signs of wear in their briefs and boxers after about a year of use, I went ahead and splurged on some of the undershirts. I am very glad I did. After a good year or so of use, the shirts are holding up just fine (as are the briefs and boxers, still).

Any of the Give-n-Go may get small snags, but they are easily trimmed off with sharp scissors. Unless it's in a particularly visible spot (not something you find much of with underwear), I don't even bother.

I get all of my undershirts from Uniqlo. No shrinkage. They have super breathable ones for the hot weather and heat trapping ones for the winter.

Top Bottom