What's new

Underrated and Hidden Gem Soaps

After my shave today I'll also throw in Meißner Tremonia. It's hard soaps don't get nearly enough love in my opinion, their post shave feel in particular is hard to beat. The soaps are all handmade in traditional copper kettles and left to harden naturally by evaporation as opposed to being milled; they only use essential oils for scents and they jar in lilac glass jars which filters out ultraviolet light and helps preserve the soap.
Well there’s another one for the buy list. Are we going for the cream or soap on this one? Any stand out scents?

Well there’s another one for the buy list. Are we going for the cream or soap on this one? Any stand out scents?
Some of their scents are really unique and unusual. For instance, "Indian Flavour" or "Strong and Scottish".

More conventional, but still unique are "Dark Limes" or "Himalayan Heights".

Here's a thread with some more info...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Tomo, I ordered a couple more off the list you gave me the other day.... Fitjar Islands Fjellheim and Musgo Real Orange Amber. Since I'm in the States and ESC is in Scotland, it always make sense to order a few things to spread out the shipping costs over a few items.

This one is my favorite.

They appear to be defunct. No stock or the site is malfunctioning.

I've only used their soap, but there are a lot of good reviews of their "paste" as well (basically a thicker cream). In terms of scents, as @NorthernSoul has said, they have lot of unique scents that will come down to personal preference.

They sell a sample set though if you're unsure of scent descriptions.

Tomo, I ordered a couple more off the list you gave me the other day.... Fitjar Islands Fjellheim and Musgo Real Orange Amber. Since I'm in the States and ESC is in Scotland, it always make sense to order a few things to spread out the shipping costs over a few items.
Small world, things can go both directions. I saw you mention Fitjar so I ordered all 4 sample size ones from Gifts&Care. I was meaning to try them a year ago, but this was good timing as I may have already had some things in the cart...

Also debating ordering the whole sample pack of a well known brand that is on another thread. Creams, AS and cologne.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Small world, things can go both directions. I saw you mention Fitjar so I ordered all 4 sample size ones from Gifts&Care. I was meaning to try them a year ago, but this was good timing as I may have already had some things in the cart...

Also debating ordering the whole sample pack of a well known brand that is on another thread. Creams, AS and cologne.
I was reading the "unscented shaving soap/creams" here... and I ended up ordering "Canada Shaving Soap"..... it's pretty expensive on their website... esp. the shipping.. Amazon had it for less.. and no shipping with Prime. It's the only soap they make... I'll let you know. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M3DTXMC

I thought about the sample pack... but two of the scents' descriptions didn't sound like something I'd like and the place from which I ordered was out of the Slatteroy.... let me know how you like it...thx.

My order was shipped from Scotland... and I went cheap on the shipping.. so 7 to 10 days or so before it shows up.

I was reading the "unscented shaving soap/creams" here... and I ended up ordering "Canada Shaving Soap"..... it's pretty expensive on their website... esp. the shipping.. Amazon had it for less.. and no shipping with Prime. It's the only soap they make... I'll let you know. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M3DTXMC

I thought about the sample pack... but two of the scents' descriptions didn't sound like something I'd like and the place from which I ordered was out of the Slatteroy.... let me know how you like it...thx.

My order was shipped from Scotland... and I went cheap on the shipping.. so 7 to 10 days or so before it shows up.
I remember hearing about the Canada Shaving Soap, it's pretty popular with a certain crowd. I almost purchased it a couple times, but the whole no scent thing was too much. Light scent, fine. Gifts&Care has a lot of the EU brands including MdC. They have the small jars, that some people don't like, for about what you paid for CCS. You are going to be using that for 5 years in rotation with others. There are several other soaps that I am meaning to get, some in this order...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I remember hearing about the Canada Shaving Soap, it's pretty popular with a certain crowd. I almost purchased it a couple times, but the whole no scent thing was too much. Light scent, fine. Gifts&Care has a lot of the EU brands including MdC. They have the small jars, that some people don't like, for about what you paid for CCS. You are going to be using that for 5 years in rotation with others. There are several other soaps that I am meaning to get, some in this order...
I need to curtail my soap/cream purchases... I have more than I need... but I'm giving two of mine away... the RR Mudder Focker and the Proraso White.... I have much better ones now, thanks to you and Tomo.

I need to curtail my soap/cream purchases... I have more than I need... but I'm giving two of mine away... the RR Mudder Focker and the Proraso White.... I have much better ones now, thanks to you and Tomo.
I am sure you have found the thread on your new soap, enjoy your 700 shaves!
Tip: there are EO, and fragrance oil, blends that can be purchased in dropper bottles that you add to your lather.

(I looked up the size, that number is not a joke)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I am sure you have found the thread on your new soap, enjoy your 700 shaves!
Tip: there are EO, and fragrance oil, blends that can be purchased in dropper bottles that you add to your lather.

(I looked up the size, that number is not a joke)
my wife has a bunch of them... essential oils

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'll end up with my Acca Kappa Barbershop, the Baume.be, the Canada soap, the Fitjar Islands, ESC Citrus Kiss and the small tube of Musgo Real Orange Amber. So... 6 total... that should keep me going for a while.

They appear to be defunct. No stock or the site is malfunctioning.

The guy has a day job.

Unless you already knew exactly what you wanted and wanted it very much,
you might be disinclined to check the website sufficiently often.

The webpages for out of stock products can't be navigated to
from the homepage.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
DC8149E6-667A-4B0E-951B-619A1C0D4B23.jpeg

Top Bottom