What's new

Underrated Aftershaves

Hey all! Hope everyone is staying healthy!

As the title says, what aftershaves do you find underrated in the performance department. You could throw in scents too. Preferably in the artisan market. Cheers!

REUZEL!
*Underrated, as in under-appreciated. Nothing underrated about it's performance!

This is the ONLY aftershave I use! GREAT FEEL! ...fresh, clean, but neutral scent.
Reuzel's T4 tonic blend of Witch Hazel, Nettle Leaf, Rosemary and Horsetail Root tones, soothes, cools, and moisturizes your skin. Reuzel makes the finest hair styling and barbering products!

Reuzel-Artisan-Aftershave-Splash-100ml-350x350.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
You want affordable? You want obtainable? You want enjoyment in seeking and acquiring? You want distinctive scents not worn by many others? You want scents containing quality ingredients many of which are no longer used? You want distinctive containers of questionable taste and style? You want scents with macho but slightly cheesy names? You want aftershaves and colognes that mark you out as a man of character and style who is not afraid to buck the trend and do his own thing? You want all this and much more? Look no further, I give you....... Avon. Avon Spicy, Windjammer, Wild Country, Oland, Clint, Hud, Excalibur...... the list goes on. Under rated but fantastic - I love Avon. 👍

I don't see too many posts these days that include Afta (not artisan), so I think it qualifies as underrated. It's scent is really good- light, crisp, clean (I've paired it with Stirling Barbershop several times in place of Pinaud), and it's a great balm, soothing and absorbs well. In my book, it's a classic.

Dr Jon's is excellent- an extremely light splash with WH as the 2cd ingredient, awesome scent strength & performance.

I don't see too many posts these days that include Afta (not artisan), so I think it qualifies as underrated. It's scent is really good- light, crisp, clean (I've paired it with Stirling Barbershop several times in place of Pinaud), and it's a great balm, soothing and absorbs well. In my book, it's a classic.

I agree. I've been using it since the 70s. Sadly, it's not as easily available as it once was. It was commonly found in grocery stores and the chain stores, like WalMart and Walgreens. But when it was time to replace my last bottle of the Original, I had to hunt and hunt and finally found it in an independent pharmacy. And the prices on Amazon have steadily climbed.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
AV Musk. No, not an artisan brand, but a drugstore AS that gets far less love than its blue big brother.

I agree. I've been using it since the 70s. Sadly, it's not as easily available as it once was. It was commonly found in grocery stores and the chain stores, like WalMart and Walgreens. But when it was time to replace my last bottle of the Original, I had to hunt and hunt and finally found it in an independent pharmacy. And the prices on Amazon have steadily climbed.

Yes, you're exactly right. For the longest time I had a problem finding it and went without. Then I stumbled upon it accidentally at, of all places, a local independent Vitamin/Health food store close to where I worked. Maybe it's making a comeback as I recently found it at my local grocery store.

Woody's Aftershave Tonic is very nice $and affordable. It has some nice skin soothing ingredients and a light, pleasing scent (which I would describe as partly a woody [fitting, huh] but also has something else going on that I can't figure out.).

Agreed. I used it since 1980, when Gillette provided me a box of free shaving stuff to my dorm room. Brilliant marketing move. I used it until I got here and started wet shaving.

I prefer the original green label. But the Fresh scent in blue label is fine and easier to find.

Top Bottom