What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Under the radar brushes

1. Shavemac Fnest. A mixture of silvertip and pure badger makes for a fine knot that is both soft and with more backbone than 100% silvertip.

2. Stirling's Fan shaped Finest. Not the high density 2-band finest knot, this brush is almost a true flat top. Soft tips, plenty of backbone in either a classic M7 handle or a Stirling Eagle clone.

3. Yaqi 2-band. Good Yeoman 2-band brushes, does what a brush should do.

Those sold out quick! Did you get the sapphire?
Yup! I'd originally wanted the emerald, but it sold out while I was still hemming and hawing about whether I needed another brush. Looked up proper pictures of Simpson brushes in sapphire (since for some reason Simpson's posts terrible pictures) and found that it was also gorgeous, so I ordered that. I've already got the Jubilee in the wood pattern, and the ruby for some reason just didn't speak to me like the others did.

Also, gee whiz, I didn't realize how steep shipping from the UK is these days. Really changes things when ~$30 is the cheaper option for shipping.

2. Stirling's Fan shaped Finest. Not the high density 2-band finest knot, this brush is almost a true flat top. Soft tips, plenty of backbone in either a classic M7 handle or a Stirling Eagle clone.

Yes indeed ! An awesome "under the radar" brush ..... A real winner, and an incredibly affordable price !

Maggard 2-band badgers
Stirling Finest
West Coast Shaving Silvertip
Vulfix 374/375/376 badgers
Simpson Trafalgar Series Synthetic
I forgot about Maggard's 2-bands. Shame on me, they are great knots. (I'm talking about the non-dense knots).

I used one this morning, a 24 mm fan mounted in a ds cosmetics handle.

Top Bottom