What's new

Umm... recommend me a blade?

I really enjoy:
GSB
Gillette 7 O'clock Black
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Personna Israeli red
Wilkinson Sword Blades (Classic)

My three current favorites, with each one working best in a different razor.
But that's for me and my face ----- as you'll see a million times here on B&B, "YMMV."
So you're best served by trying different sample packs to see what works well for you !

IMG_3338.jpg

In my experience, GSB's, Polsilvers, Astras, and 7 O'Clock green Super Stainless all have a similarly good balance of sharpness and smoothness on my face. Nacets, Perma-Sharps, and 7 O'Clock yellow are also from that same factory but I haven't tried them so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were just as good.

Once your technique is solid try a Feather blade. If you use this one with poor technique it will punish you.

These are also very good blades.
PolSilver
Astra SP
Gillette 7'OClock Yellow
PermaSharp
Gillette Silver Blue

You'll find that once your technique is very good then the blade isn't as big of a factor. Using a sharper blade with poor technique will seem harsh to you as you're doing a bit more damage scraping a sharp blade on your face then you would had you used a less sharp blade. So people will incorrectly say that some blades are smoother than others.

If you have good technique the smoothest blade will be the sharpest one, with poor technique it's just the opposite. With the exception of some Chinese blades that are unusable blades aren't really smooth or harsh. Some have better edge longevity and some are slightly sharper than others but that's about it.

If you're fairly new you can try a blade that's a bit less sharp as it'll be more forgiving, but don't buy a lot of them as once your technique is solid you might find that you prefer a sharper blade as they tend to need a bit less cleanup to get a perfect shave.

My advice to you would be to continue to use the GSB blades for about 4 months or so then try a Feather blade. If you find the need to try something new I'd recommend something from the list above.

Whatever blades you buy put what you don't use aside. It's good to revisit them when your technique is better or if you find yourself in possession of a new razor. You might find that some blades do work better in some razors than in others.

Last edited:
For me Astras SP would be the best value. But i i swear 1/20 is a defective blade, the rest are amazing.

Ill be sticking with Gillette 7oclock black box

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

You can useany Fusion style blade with any Fusion razor, so even though ... Voskhod Teflon, Personna Lab orPolsilver SI.If they do not have what you want, try Bill Goose Shaving or West

It's probably too much, but razorbladesclub is selling a sampler with 117 different blades. Tryablade is also selling a 110 blade sampler.

It's probably too much, but razorbladesclub is selling a sampler with 117 different blades. Tryablade is also selling a 110 blade sampler.
Thanks for brining razorbladesclub to my attention, this lot is on it's way

Product Quantity Price
Dorco - Prime Platinum
  • blades: 30
1 4,99 €
Gillette - Nacet Stainless
1 6,99 €
Lord - Platinum
1 3,99 €
Personna - Platinum (Israeli Reds)