What's new

Ultrasonic cleaner suggestions?

I have been considering purchasing an ultrasonic cleaner as I like to buy and resell Vintage razors(think of it as finding them a good home) and It would speed up the process from using a toothbrush plus do a better job than the toothbrush and a soak in a bowl. Does anyone have any suggestions on one that is cheaper(preferably under $50)? or any other cleaning suggestions would even be appreciated!

Thanks for the tip I was considering that one especially since it is 25% off right now. How is that Black tip treating you?

got a good tip for you and its cheap....efferdent...denture cleaner...i discovered this the other night ...mug full of hot water tablet of efferdent soak the razor in it,and scrub it with a toothbrush...i was seriously surprised at how well this worked,gonna try it again with a longer soaking,took all the nasties off and even brought some shine back to the razor....

Can ultrasound open up wider any cracks in brass handles? Or does it just highlight the extent of existing cracks by cleaning them out?

If you are going to buy, recondition and resell vintage razors, I suggest you but a minimum 50W or 60W cleaner. Yes, they are pricier than the more common 35W ‘corner store’ cleaners, but they do a better job and you won’t regret it.

If you are looking for a basic, household, ultrasonic cleaner there is usually at least one hiding in every Goodwill store in my area. I don't know how nice your thrift stores are in Missouri, but it might be worth a shot.

That's a good idea Buckeye however my po'dunk town only has "Antique" stores so it's all jacked up in price ill have to look next time i venture to springfield though!

I would consider one as well.
Does anyone know if one would cause problems for watches with automatic movement?

I wouldn't put a watch in an ultrasonic cleaner. I would worry the cleaning solution getting inside the watch. I have an ultra sonic cleaner that I use for cleaning our handguns.

Top Bottom