What's new

Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations

I haven't bought one, but every recommendation said make sure that the buttons are NOT in the lid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Budget?

I have a 3/4 gallon Crest I bought used a few years back. Stopped working a couple of months after I bought it and sent it in for repair. Worked great when I got it back and continued to work great until just recently - I think one of the transducers is bad. I know Crest is well thought of.

I just ordered an Elma that is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, new this time around.

A good one that works properly is not cheap. I don't believe the inexpensive $100 dollar jewelry ones work well.

Are you planning on refurbishing old pens? Because if you flush out your pen properly when it empties, then I don't imagine you'd ever need a ultra-sonic cleaner.

I got mine to clean my razors and some of my wife's jewelry. The only time I needed it for a pen was to clean up a used Parker 75.

I make recommendation you buy a set of glass beakers with whatever one you buy. I bought my cleaner from Harbor Freight and have had no problems with it. Its been used to clean jewelry, small engine and motorcycle carb parts, skate bearings, knives, tools, and more. I place small items in the beaker inside the chamber, using various cleaning solutions in it and hot water in the rest of the chamber. Hope that helps.

I have the Harbor Frieght one, and it has worked great. I bought it originally to clean razors found in the wild, but have also cleaned a few antique store Parker 51’s

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I bought a cheap $30 cleaner here in Australia and I would not recommend going the cheap way. The longest cycle I can use on it is about 7 minutes and it seems to actually do nothing to what you are trying to clean.

For those desiring or requiring a more "upscale" ultrasonic cleaner I'm liking the Elma after first impressions. Made in Germany, has a digital controls - set the temp and see when its ready, degass mode yes automatic. Still early but I'll post back with more feedback after some use, probably under a new thread.

I'm not an authority by any means but it is important to use the correct cleaning solution for the job, and very important to degass the solution.

still looking? On ebay I got this "TruSonik" (with a bunch of cool sounding numbers and letters after that) 2.5 liter capacity, heated, different times. Had it for a few years of light use, no problem. Also been useful for the wife's jewelry, which she makes, other small parts, like valves in solenoids, etc. cost somewhere around $100, which seems like a lot but I'm a firm believer that when it comes to tools, "get the best you can"

above is correct, if you clean and rinse and all that you should have no problems. I have junk shop finds for which it was an absolute necessity.

there, my two cents worth
P1060218.JPG

Top Bottom