What's new

Ultralight Safety Razor?

Hey guys... If I were going to do some travelling with a backpack, what's the lightest, most packable safety razor I can find? Preferably, something that is currently on the market. I have a short handled travel razor, but it still has a bit of weight to it. Looking for something plastic, or something like that. Recommendations are appreciated.

Hey guys... If I were going to do some travelling with a backpack, what's the lightest, most packable safety razor I can find? Preferably, something that is currently on the market. I have a short handled travel razor, but it still has a bit of weight to it. Looking for something plastic, or something like that. Recommendations are appreciated.
The Henson AL13 is made of aluminum so it’s pretty light. I own one… And it’s a fantastic razor as well!

The Gillette Super Blue razor is a Chinese-made version of the Tech razor with an aluminum base plate and hollow plastic handle. Costs a few dollars on Aliexpress with free shipping.

1645245998035.png

Had the same issue on the camino de Santiago. First blades are not allowed in aircraft, but i didn't want cartridges. And I wanted a good Shaving quality with unknown blades I can buy there.
So I took my Rockwell with me. 100g more or less for a good shave were worth it.

There's a travel razor from merkur which is very small which is good in your backpack

There are Alluminium Gillette techs and of course the Henson al13. If you have a 3D printer find the files.
Chinese plastic handled Gillette copies not bad either.

But I would think of more
-should fit your shave
-handles a rushed shave well.
-I would want a razor which shaves ok with most blades (in case you loose them or need it as carry on and have to buy locally).
-prefer de blades others can be difficult to get.
-ideal it would survive some abuse
-I would prefer a not expensive looking razor (need to make a snmirn ugly for that)
-I would not want an extremely expensive razor on holiday.

In my case I used a oneblade core, but impossible se blades on holiday
My occam Oren with a guarded blade is absolutely rush idiot proof but again those ac blades.

I ended up with a 10usd snmirn, it shaves with allmost any blade, comfy, mild to medium, replaceable, a bit to good looking and heavy.

There are Alluminium Gillette techs and of course the Henson al13. If you have a 3D printer find the files.
Chinese plastic handled Gillette copies not bad either.

But I would think of more
-should fit your shave
-handles a rushed shave well.
-I would want a razor which shaves ok with most blades (in case you loose them or need it as carry on and have to buy locally).
-prefer de blades others can be difficult to get.
-ideal it would survive some abuse
-I would prefer a not expensive looking razor (need to make a snmirn ugly for that)
-I would not want an extremely expensive razor on holiday.

In my case I used a oneblade core, but impossible se blades on holiday
My occam Oren with a guarded blade is absolutely rush idiot proof but again those ac blades.

I ended up with a 10usd snmirn, it shaves with allmost any blade, comfy, mild to medium, replaceable, a bit to good looking and heavy.
Just a minor thing, the Super Blue is a proper Tech from Gillette Shanghai NOT a copy.

E921DE13-E1EE-4FD9-867B-3F86A65B4B8A.jpeg

Some time ago now, I abandoned the super Gillette blue Chinese razor, and replaced it by the Dorco PL602.

The Dorco PL602 without the blade weighs 12 grams, the razor is made of two plastic pieces.

It's the lightest razor yet :thumbup1:

Top Bottom