What's new

Ultra-sensitive skin soap recommendations

Joedy said:
Sorry, Ivo.

I've already beaten you to the punch... currently my spreadsheet is at 498 rows.... and growing.

-joedy

Oh my Gawd! My wife thinks I'm nuts as it is. I could just imagine her catching me with a spreadsheet like that. She'd have me committed!

Good Job Joedy!

:thumbup:

Jordan

jnich67 said:
Oh my Gawd! My wife thinks I'm nuts as it is. I could just imagine her catching me with a spreadsheet like that. She'd have me committed!

Good Job Joedy!

:thumbup:

Jordan

Jordan,

Just IMAGINE what the vendors think when I pull it out while sampling in the store. :ohmy:

I get very little sales pitches when they see how serious I am about sampling.

-joedy

If anyone wants a copy, send me a PM

Joedy said:
Jordan,

Just IMAGINE what the vendors think when I pull it out while sampling in the store. :ohmy:

I get very little sales pitches when they see how serious I am about sampling.

-joedy

If anyone wants a copy, send me a PM

Ok, now I have to try this. I'm going to get to Cambridge Chemists in the next couple of weeks and can't wait to see their faces when I take this out. PM will arrive shortly.:lol:

Jordan

I think I have found a good combination.

1 Shave before showering
2 Mama Bear unscented soap
3 Derby Blade
4 Only lather once
5 Shave with the grain
6 Futur Razor

The shave is not ultra smooth, but is good.In my experience if you have sensitive skin you cannot go for more than one pass.I made the mistake of trying to shave too close which irritated my skin.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Joedy said:
Sorry, Ivo.

I've already beaten you to the punch... currently my spreadsheet is at 498 rows.... and growing.

-joedy

Do you have a copy of your spreadsheet posted so we could all look at it?

Nice looking spreadsheet. Someone needs to make a program like DVD profiler for shaving goods. My CueCat has not gotten much use once I put all my DVDs into DVD profiler.

Spreadsheets for comparison shopping are great. I used to have one with 20 cars that helped me pick a car, and similarly one for choosing the right cat food for my cats.

[/QUOTE]
The shave is not ultra smooth, but is good.In my experience if you have sensitive skin you cannot go for more than one pass.I made the mistake of trying to shave too close which irritated my skin.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how long you've been shaving with a DE for, but my skin was once more sensitive to shaving and perfumes and I'm finding that it's a bit less finicky then it once was, so don't throw out all the creams that currently don't work for you, they might a few months down the road. Plus you might be able to add more passes later on, I know I have. The skin does change with time.

best of luck

WOW!! Were can I get a copy of that spreadsheet?? I promise you I would take that to the store and say HEY LOOK AT THIS SALES PERSON! :001_tt2:

Hi all

Tabac soap is great on my skin and everything else stings. I haven't tried that many:
Burt's bees - I think is not a shave soap at all
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad - nice scent, tolerable sting
QED Bergamot - nice smell, stings quite a bit
Various "barber's soaps / sticks" from Eastern Europe - decent sting
I have also tried some creams (Caswell-Massey, Kiehl's) - not good

I have received some tips from people w/ sensitive skin to try Truefitt & Hill and Harris.AoS lavender, Trumper's Violet. I am biased against the AoS but quite open to other stuff. Was wondering about Honeybee camomile, Mama Bear (but heard some people had reactions to it) and Coleen.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, as this might give me variety (though I love Tabac!)

Any chance to buy small soap samples? (I have seen the cremes, but prefer to use a soap, and someone said creams might be even more irritating)

Thank you
Ivo

I'm also very sensitive to FO's and oils and such. Mammabear recently sent me a couple of her EO blends to try and they're AMAZING. No burn no trouble none whatsoever and they smell amazing. In fact the Cedarwood and Lemon soap was so nice that I went out and mixed a scent of my own to match.

Neat, Trumper makes Violet soap? :001_tt1: You mean I can smell like whore's handbag in the morning? Must...buy....

Funny - just got Trumper's Violet soap and while I am not intimately familiar with too many whores or the scent of their handbags, I can appreciate this comment :biggrin:

Cheers
Ivo

R

rum

Trumper's Rose - all the way. I can't recommend it highly enough. I used the violet recently as a sample - I wasn't that impressed, but it's the usual good quality I'd expect from Trumper's. Still, nothing has beaten the Rose for me yet.

Trumper's Rose - all the way. I can't recommend it highly enough. I used the violet recently as a sample - I wasn't that impressed, but it's the usual good quality I'd expect from Trumper's. Still, nothing has beaten the Rose for me yet.

I ordered the Rose but it was sold out before it was shipped, so I settled for the Violet. Toying with the idea of using the Violet as a bath soap to justify buying the Rose. But the Violet did not irritate my skin, so I may use it for a while

Cheers
Ivo

R

rum

Looks like you may have to - they last ages!! I haven't used up mine since I bought them last August.

Good thing about Trumpers is that they're sold by more than just a few places online. So, if one place runs out, simply buy from the next cheapest online store :biggrin: .

I ordered the Rose but it was sold out before it was shipped, so I settled for the Violet. Toying with the idea of using the Violet as a bath soap to justify buying the Rose. But the Violet did not irritate my skin, so I may use it for a while

Cheers
Ivo

I just got some of the Kiss My Face cream and I really like it A LOT! I have sensative skin as well and it worked great for me the first time I used it.

Top Bottom