What's new

Ultimate MENTHOLATION

Oh! My bad :001_rolle
I used it with my Palmolive shave stick, the peppermint complements its scent. Probably going to mix another batch without the peppermint essential oil for my arko, don't think the smell of arko would blend very well with it.

Did you face lathered the Palmolive stick? If so how did you add the menthol solution?
I was using it with a puck of col. Conk bay rum by putting few drops on top of it prior lathering.

I bought m-bomb from TSD and it's pretty intense. Same concept as what you have there. I've used it as a straight ASB before. The glycerin kept my face very soft but boy
Oh boy! Face freeze deluxe!

I bought m-bomb from TSD and it's pretty intense. Same concept as what you have there. I've used it as a straight ASB before. The glycerin kept my face very soft but boy
Oh boy! Face freeze deluxe!

Never tried it before, but I looks like they're using plant oils as a base. I'm guessing that'll moisturize your skin quite nicely. I'm interested in how it smells though. Considering the strong smell of coconut and sweet almonds, probably can mix a limited combination of essential oils so that the scents doesn't conflict each other.

Good day gentlemen,
today I had my 10th shave with Barbus. It performs great and even greater considering that I paid just 1 dollar for 150ml (grams) of it.
The only thing is the scent. Truly nothing luxurious but clean.

I enhance it with 2-3 drops of my menthol, propylen glycol solution. I simply put the drops on top of the puck and create the lather. I even think it performs better with it.

Good day gentlemen,
today I had my 10th shave with Barbus. It performs great and even greater considering that I paid just 1 dollar for 150ml (grams) of it.
The only thing is the scent. Truly nothing luxurious but clean.

I enhance it with 2-3 drops of my menthol, propylen glycol solution. I simply put the drops on top of the puck and create the lather. I even think it performs better with it.

Barbus cream or soap?

tam

i have the "croap" (good ) +1 tube....(unopened)

do they have the same scent ? ( lack of ;-) )

tam

I have only tried the croap puck in a tub. So I cannot answer that. But I will soon try the green version of the cream in a tube.

Did you buy your in Czech republic directly? :)

I am sorry I just forgot to write the prefix "di".

Yes technicaly they are two different things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipropylene_glycol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

Thanks. I also found this

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7964228_propylene-dipropylene-glycol-fragrance-oils.html

...apparently there is a tiny chance of irritation with the propylene, which isn't thought to exist with the dipropylene. (I was wondering because I found better deals on the propylene on Amazon and at Essential Depot.)

Hi gents,
I've been away from this forum for a long time and since this thread caught some interest back then, I thought I would bump it up, so others could try this mentholation method as well :)

Top Bottom