What's new

UK Personna de blade info

I snagged these blades even though I'm not familiar with them.

They come in a pack of five and are made in Great Britain.

Anyone familiar with them and how they shave?

Thanks.

After making a few stainless blades in the US in 1962-63, most Personna DE production for the US market was done from Scotland in the UK until about 1967-68 or so....The stainless blades from that time are passable. Clearly you can shave with them.

Some have called them dull or worse for a stainless blade. I found them to be OK- or so.....

After making a few stainless blades in the US in 1962-63, most Personna DE production for the US market was done from Scotland in the UK until about 1967-68 or so....The stainless blades from that time are passable. Clearly you can shave with them.

Some have called them dull or worse for a stainless blade. I found them to be OK- or so.....

Were they using Wilkinson Equipment?

I have some of the Personna blades as pictured above. Mine are made in the USA. Exact same packaging including the nifty hinged case. The shaves are decent enough but not as good as later stainless steel blades from the late 60s to the 80s

I have some of the Personna blades as pictured above. Mine are made in the USA. Exact same packaging including the nifty hinged case. The shaves are decent enough but not as good as later stainless steel blades from the late 60s to the 80s

Early in the Stainless era, companies had to source from more than one factory to meet demand. I have early Schicks that are from the US and Sweden with essentially the same packaging as well.

Gillette seems not to have done this in the US, but Kmart brought in UK Super Silvers through the Gray Market.

Top Bottom