What's new

Uh-Oh! We got a leaker.

I was 'kneading' a tube of Proraso for the shave this morning. I noticed the tube has sprung a leak!

Looking for some suggestions to best seal the leak. Anybody ever dealt with a tube that sprung a leak?
The pic makes it look like a gusher, but its a pinhole.

20200727_134007.jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I think I'd wipe it off, make sure no more leaks out. Then I'd mix up some 5 minute epoxy and put a dab on it. Silicone adhesive might do the job too, but I'm an epoxy man. (Don't want no POM, I'm a Dapper Dan Man)

Happened to me with a tube of Palmolive. I’ve got so many tubes of the Classic with palm extract and it was probably only about 2/5 full so I could have just thrown it but waste not, want not and all that.

Both good suggestions - I had packing tape to hand at home so did what @ChiefHA suggested with mine. Worked fine for me with a ‘pinhole’ leak.

My tube didn't spring a leak, but the cap broke. I just moved the contents of the tube to a spare soap container. Now I just scoop out enough for a shave instead of squeezing out a dollop. Good luck.

I had one leaking at the bottom where it gets rolled up. I just used a a few days in a row, rolled it up enough to close off the hole. I store this on its side, whereas the rest of my tubes get stored cap up and I find I don’t have to knead them as I do if stored in a different orientation.

I would just use it liberally and look forward to opening another tube sooner than later. Who doesn’t love all that mentholated eucalyptus goodness!

Happened to my palmolive before I finished it. I just used a few layers of tape to seal it.

Alternatively, you could squeeze all the content out into a container like tupperware.

Top Bottom