What's new

Ugly practice brush handle PIF

Are you completely colorblind? Do you have no problem wearing brown plaid pants with an orange silk shirt and a purple & yellow striped black tie? Do the kids make fun of your bright green Prius with blue racing stripes when you drop your children off at school? If so this PIF is for YOU! This would be great for anyone that wants to practice setting a knot without the worry of ruining a handle worth having.

The lowdown: When I'm pouring blanks I always have a little leftover resin. I don't like to waste it because this stuff is expensive, so I pour the extra into a mold and when it gets big enough I turn it for practice. Normally I throw the resulting work away but I thought somebody out there just might have poor enough taste to actually want this. This handle was skew practice for me, in particular using the skew chisel with my left hand to work on my ambidexterity with lathe tools.

RULES

1. CONUS only
2. Must have at least 1 quality post this year
3. Must have no sense of fashion or color coordination
4. Must not mind being the butt of brush jokes by your fellow B&Bers

This is for the handle only! I wasn't about to disgrace a knot for life by making it coexist with this monstrosity. I don't need that kind of bad karma, life is rough enough for me.

To join just say I'm in. If you find this handle revolting feel free to post your thoughts and don't be kind. I could use a good laugh.

IMG_1450.JPG IMG_1451.JPG IMG_1452.JPG IMG_1453.JPG IMG_1454.JPG

Man, these guys are so insulting! Don't listen to 'em! You were right all along; don't save it - throw it away! (But, paint a gold ring at that waist before you package it.)

Oh I am definitely in. That kind of ugly is just up my alley. Ill knot it, lather that sucker up and shave away. Ill even post the pics and let them make fun of me.

I'd call it the Roy G. Biv. Put a nice knot in that bad boy and you'd get 3 digits on Etsy (or the B-S-T) in a heartbeat - just sayin'... Skew it, I'm in :punk:. Thanks for the opportunity - I'd use the heck out of that sucker...

Reminds me of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree..

"It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love."

I expect my first try at re-knotting would be ugly, so why not have an appropriate handle?

I'm in!

D'oh! Just realized that I have a previous PIF brush...wouldn't be fair to try again from the same person.

Please consider me "out".

However, it really is a nice-looking handle to me. Good luck to everyone else!

BTW, you mentioned the green prius with racing stripes. I used to have a white prius that I chose to mock my friend with his white WRX with a carbon fiber hood by wrapping the hood of my prius with carbon fiber vinyl. I always parked right next to him and he hated it.

My son (who is 4) saw the handle and said "is that a Ring Pop?!?!?" So even though many might see it as an eyesore, at least a 4 year old likes it!!! Hahaha.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

I'm in.
I have questionable taste at times, live CONUS, and have no fear of potential ribbing by fellow B+B members.

Damn, now I have to figure out how to make 1 quality post!

Mark
:a24:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm in.
I have questionable taste at times, live CONUS, and have no fear of potential ribbing by fellow B+B members.

Damn, now I have to figure out how to make 1 quality post!

Mark
:a24:
Yes, I fear the 1 quality post requirement disqualified me....

Top Bottom