What's new

Ugly practice brush handle PIF #3

PIF is CLOSED!

Thanks for the kind words. @Merle - a couple layers are colored with mica powder not dyes, hence the "crystallization" or pearlescent effect.

Last edited:
And the winner is...

@fast shaver ! Congratulations, I'll msg you for your address

@ccpastork - as much as I hoped you would win, I kept it on the level. I was going to invoke Rule #4 and give it to you but decided to remain impartial. Suffice to say I've got something planned for you.

@Hoka Hey - your unselfishness didn't go unnoticed. You'll be hearing from me. Please be patient though, with temps in the low 100s I'm not getting any shop time in until the weekend and have a project I need to finish.

And the winner is...

@fast shaver ! Congratulations, I'll msg you for your address

@ccpastork - as much as I hoped you would win, I kept it on the level. I was going to invoke Rule #4 and give it to you but decided to remain impartial. Suffice to say I've got something planned for you.

@Hoka Hey - your unselfishness didn't go unnoticed. You'll be hearing from me. Please be patient though, with temps in the low 100s I'm not getting any shop time in until the weekend and have a project I need to finish.

Temps in the low 100's. Wow. It snowed here a couple days ago. Congrats to @fast shaver, and thanks again CigarSmoka. Stay cool.

Jay, these things just keep getting better and better. Thanks for adding your piece to the shaving world. They are really are amazing pieces. And BTW, the Star Spangled Badger is working amazingly. The handle is a perfect size for control, without being overbearing.

Do you have a gallery of the handles that you have turned anywhere for us to take a look at in one consolidated place?

Thanks Everyone.! I just need to decide what 22mm synthetic to install. I am thinking of a Whipped Dog Synthetic at the moment. Any other suggestions on a non scratchy synthetic.?

24MM Tuxedo would fit the hole I think. I think Jay mentioned that he typically cuts the hole for a 24mm. I think the black and while would look really awesome on that handle.

Thanks Everyone.! I just need to decide what 22mm synthetic to install. I am thinking of a Whipped Dog Synthetic at the moment. Any other suggestions on a non scratchy synthetic.?
APShaves 22mm synthetic horse hair; softest synthetic I've tried. You won't be disappointed!

IMG_0488.JPG

Top Bottom